Chapter 7: Swing and Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Ann was slightly swaying to the words of the legendary Ray Charles.

Ah. You can talk about the pit, barbeque

The band was jumpin', the people too.

Ah, mess around.

They're doin' the mess around.

They're doin' the mess around!

Everybody's doin' the mess around!

The music as always was of perfection. I was always in a trans when it came to this swing. It was different, but yet so amazing!

"Elvis." a sweet voice called. I looked up to a girl who stood beside me in a tight dark pink dress. Her skin was the color of caramel, and her dark brown hair was in loose curls. The girl was no older than twenty. And boy, I never could forget those brown eyes of hers.

A genuine smile grew on my face. "Diana Ross." I thought aloud. I stood and greeted my old friend with a hug. She giggled and hugged me back. "Its been so long!" she said as we pulled back from each other. I offered her a seat next to me and she agreed sweetly. At first, Ann looked at me like I was absolutely mad for offering her a seat. But soon the look turned into a sweet smile once I introduced them.

*Ann's POV*

I looked at Elvis as if he had lost his mind. He was sitting arm to arm next to this - Diana Ross, girl. Quickly I remembered that I'm in her territory. If anyone should be looking uncomfortable, it was her. So, I slapped on a smile and tried not to be so close minded as Elvis introduced us. She seemed sweet, and she was quite beautiful too.

"Where on earth have you been?" the beautiful Diana asked curiously. "They've been watchin' me real good," Elvis replied, "Ever since my last visit here, anyways." My eyes grew wide. Elvis wasn't supposed to be here! Had he gotten into trouble last time he was here? What if I get into trouble! I gulped dryly and asked if I could speak to Elvis alone. He complied and I pulled him by the entrance of the place where hardly anyone stood. "You aren't supposed to be here, are you?" I asked Impatiently. Elvis scratched the back of his neck nervously. "According to the Sargent's, no." My eyes grew wide and I almost had a heart attack. "We could get  into trouble if anyone finds us here!" I scolded. Elvis, however, was still calm. "Darlin', stop worryin'. Nobody's gonna find us."

Before I could continue to scold him, a very familiar man interrupted us. "Fancy seein' you here, Elly boy." He threw his arm around Elvis and he was holding hands with a girl. She had black hair, and dark red lipstick, and - "Hedy?!" I asked in shock. She giggled. "I guess you were up for a party, weren't you." I rolled my eyes. "We were just leaving," I spat sharply as I went to walk away. I felt a grab on my arm and I was turned around. I was completely thrown off when I realized the person who was grabbing me was the golden haired man Hedy had come with. "Don't tell me you're gonna leave so soon, honey." He said with a mischievous grin. I pulled my arm from his grip and gulped dryly. "Come on," Elvis intervened, "Don't leave." I was unsure of what I wanted to do. I felt uncomfortable and I didn't want to get into trouble. I looked over at Hedy, who was completely on the two idiots side. "It seems like fun." she threw in. I looked around at the jumping crowd and sighed. "Fine," I gave in, "I'll stay."
"Woo!" the curly haired country boy shouted, "Let's dance!" He grabbed Hedy by the hand and pulled her out into the crowd.