SUP: Chapter 2 : Mystery

By the time I got to the front door of our campus, the first ring of the school bell echoed through the corridors. I sprinted my way to my first class due to panic, seeing no one in the corridors. Strange, I thought. Students usually go to class after the bell rang, not before it did. Reaching my destination, I looked through the glass and saw Mr. Gawkins starting to check the attendance. Thank God!I opened the door, stepping inside the room and as what i was expecting, everyone's eyes were on me. Three reasons came into my mind. One, was because I looked like a mess due to lack my of sleep and Two, what I'm wearing looks stupid and Three, I basically was the last one to come in class.

"Ms. Pyles, it's good to see you make it on my class on time. I wouldn't want your performance in my class to be affected by tardiness, because you have been doing well." Was I? thinking of the remark, "Now off you go" 

I made my way to the empty seat at the back, making sure I don't bother anyone as Mr. Gawkin's started to discuss. 

"Vincent Willem van Gogh was a post-Impressionist painter of Dutch origin whose work—notable for its rough beauty, emotional honesty, and bold color had a far-reaching influence on 20th-century art and is anyone here familiar of his most famous work of art eh?" I was about to answer when someone came in.

"That would be Starry Starry Night" I looked at the door, finding a smiling and overly confident Moose walking in. His eyes scanned the room to find an empty seat which is the seat next to me. Once he did, his eyes laid on me. "Pyles?" I respond, waving my hand. He made his way to the seat beside me.

"You're late Robert Alexander III, but I wouldn't record it since you almost got the answer to my question and the right answer is..."

"Starry Night"

"STARRY NIGHT" I said, the same time as Mr. Gawkins said it, "That's right" he said, pointing in my direction and headed to the board to write down something. 

Putting my attention back to Moose, I looked beside me and caught him looking at me - at least that's what I think. He looked back at the board and started jotting down notes. Was he always like this? 

The lecture we tackled was Post-Impressionism and Surrealism, it's past and whatsoever. For our next meeting, we were assigned to bring painting materials. Each one of us will be working on a painting. It's our choice whether it will be Post-Impressionism or Surrealism. In my case, I'm not so sure what I'm going to pick.

Getting out of class, I heard someone whistle, "Pyles, wait up!" I turned around to see Moose coming out of the room.

"Moose" I said, stopping on my tracks.

"Hey you didn't tell me we were on the same class" he said panting, due to running, trying to catch up on me.

"Well I guess I'm not interesting enough of a person to be someone who gets noticed by the whole class"

His brows furrowed, "It's not like that. I just don't like talking to people in class." Now it was my turn to question his explanation, "It doesn't seem like it."

"What?" he asked, "Why?" I shrugged, "Well as to what I've observed, you are extremely sociable and confident all the time."

"Well not in class" he said, "So anyway, where are you headed?" he changed the subject, cutting off our conversation.

"Um" I looked at my schedule, running down a finger to it. Uhuh!  1:00PM - 3:30PM Music "Music Room"