Capitulo Uno

This story is so COMPLETELY historically inaccurate. Facts aren't important in this story. Rather, it is a new direction I've decided to pursue. I seriously mean it though. Practically nothing is historically accurate. Just saying, so no one yells at me for being stupid. If anyone even reads this... lol enjoy xo

***************

Tall, broad and strong stood the chief- my father- of the Techitizulon tribe. His deep, colorful voice rang out over the mass of people.The blue-green of the humid rain forest around us contrasted with the bright richness of our celebratory garb. Electric blues, greens, reds and yellows draped the majority of each person's body, my own included. My sister and father wore rich leathers, dark and light, woven and arranged methodically on their bodies.

They stood at the front of the congregation, because they were the main attraction. My sister, at one from twenty years, was finally being wed to our ally tribe's chief's son. Their union had been arranged from my sister's conception- when her fiance was just four. Xechlita- or Chel, as she is better known, fought the marriage at first- well, for months, actually, she was quite difficult about it. However, over many feasts with both high families, Chel became enamoured over Zukachad (or, Chad). Chel and Chad. How completely and disgustingly adorable.

**************************

A sharp elbow to my side. That's my reward for daydreaming during the three and a half hour long final ceremony of the wedding. It's just a little bit boring. Chel glances over at me and widens her eyes in a plea for my behavior. I roll mine in response. Just because she's sold on preserving the sanctity of the marital ceremonies does not mean I have to go along with it. It's boring, and I recently discovered I have to pee. Badly. But according to ritual, I must remain- as second in line for the chief-dom, next to my sister- kneeling beside the bride. I tried nudging Chel with my knee, but I wobbled haphazardly. Chel glanced at me in alarm. Trying to portray my need through my face, I wiggled my eyebrows and looked down then at the quickest exit behind me, nodding my head that way. Chel looked at me like I'm loco, which she's done many times before. So I tried mouthing my message to her, again, nodding towards the exit. This time she seemed to understand. She began subtley shaking her head, and glaring at me. We both quickly turned to face forward again when we felt our father's gaze on us. We'd both get in some serious trouble for upsetting the big chief. There was no way for me to get out of this before it ended on its own. Oh gods.

****************************

The vibrations shattered through my upper arm when I struck at the warrior's gut. He easily blocked my blow with his leather shield. I reversed my energy, spinning around and striking him down with the fake dagger in my opposite hand just in front of his collar bone. Should my blade have been real, I'd have jabbed it where a major blood pathway ran, and a bundle of nerves sat. Dead in less than five minutes.

See, my passion resides in the art of war. Fighting. My sister and I used to spar, until she became attracted to more mature pursuits. My father lets me continue only because I am not heir, and for that I'm grateful. Fighting is second nature to me. Such leeway is allowed to me that I'm even able to wear linen pants- leather when fighting. That never would have been acceptable if I was heir.

My opponent rose from the ground and bowed. When he straightened, he smiled and winked.

"Well old friend, I should be ashamed of being beaten by a girl, but... I can't help being proud"

"Oh Tor!" I giggled, pretending to be flattered, "Please, go on!" I encouraged, waving my hand.

"Geavonna, what did I tell you of humility?" I froze, hearing my father just over my shoulder.