💫 Chapter 20 💫 A Cold Day

- Tamami's POV -

I woke up and immediately I felt a chill. "Eek!!! Why is it so cold!!!" 

Shiro got up from the floor. "You're telling me? I'm literally sleeping on the floor." 

I quickly ran downstairs to find Miki. "Miki, why the heck is it so cold?" I crossed my arms trying to stay warm. 

"Sorry about that. I forgot to pay the heating bill, so just try to endure it." 

"You have got to be kidding me..." I hunched my back. 

"I don't think it's that cold," Shiro said. 

I turned around and saw him wearing five layers. "Because you're wearing five layers..." I immediately ran upstairs to put more layers on and came back down. 

"I guess this is kinda better." I took my bag and headed for the door. 

"Come on, let's eat." Miki put the food on the table. 

"Good morning." Ichiei came out of his room with a smile. 

"Someone's happy?" I sat down and looked at Ichiei. 

"Of course! It's almost winter!" He kicked his feet back and forward while sitting on the chair. 

"Winter is the worst..." I whispered while hunching my back. 

"Oh, come on. You don't like playing in the snow?" Shiro asked while eating his breakfast. 

I was speechless. I could only think about the time my parents and I played in the snow. 

"When snow comes, let's play together." Ichiei smiled at me. 

I looked at him a little bit shocked by his words. "Sure." I smiled. "We should get going." I got up from my chair and so did Shiro and Ichiei.

"See you later, Miki." I waved at her. 

"Bye." Shiro and Ichiei also waved. 

We left the house and headed for school. "Is it odd that outside is actually warmer than the house?" 

"No, not really." Shiro held his bag on his shoulder. 

Ichiei suddenly held my hand and realized something. "What is that?" He pointed at my charm bracelet. 

"It's my charm bracelet. My friends gave it to me." I smiled while looking down at it. 

"Do the letters spell out something?" Shiro came closer to me. 

"Yeah, their names." 

At School

"Everyone, please pay attention!" A teacher from another class came into the room. "We will be having a field trip up to mountains for three days. Anyone who is interested in going will have to fill out this form." She put the forms on the desk and everyone rushed to get one. 

"Are you planning to go?" Shiro asked me while handing me the form. 

"It sounds like fun." I smiled. "I've never been sledding before." 

"Really? Never?" 

"Nope." 

"You're missing out." Souta walked up to us. "I can't wait to see you sled, it's really fun." 

"Hey, Tamami. Can I talk to you?" Asuga came up to me. 

"Um... sure?" I got up from my chair and we headed onto the hallways. "What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked. 

"Is it okay if you don't go on the field trip?" She put her hands together and begged. 

"Uh? Why not?" I asked with concern. 

"I really wanna spend more time with Shiro, if that's okay." She looked to the side. 

"Can't you do that even if I'm there?" I asked. 

"No!" Asuga immediately responded. "It's just that you guys hang out so much that I'm starting to think that I'm not meant for him..." 

What about Souta seeing me sled for the first time? Besides Shiro and I are linked, but I can't tell her that...

"Um... sure. I'll stay home." 

Her face lit up when she grabbed my hands. "Thank you so much!" 

I sweat-dropped. Shiro's probably not gonna go if I'm not going. 

Time Lapse

At Home

"What do you mean you're going on the trip!" I yelled in front of Shiro.