The Scientist

DUNCAN POV

It is just another day in my castle. Woke up in the morning and put on my coat. I am pretty excited because I am going to be going through my Thaumcraft book and looking at some recipes. I looked up at my castle in the courtyard. I felt a feeling creeping around my heart. A feeling that I had been trying to push away for a long time. Loneliness. I then heard a scream coming from above.

KIM POV

Blackness. With a surprising hint of purple. I suddenly got thrown into a flood of blue. I saw clouds and felt the air rushing around me. The elements pelting against my skin. Thoughts were rushing through my brain. I saw a castle below me. It was very big, but did not look like the castles I had read in books. I saw a fountain that was becoming closer rapidly. I hit the water and blacked out.

DUNCAN POV

I looked up quickly and saw someone falling from the sky into my fountain. I ran to the fountain and picked the person out of it and laid them on the ground. I could see that it was a girl in a beautiful red dress. She was actually really beautiful... SHUT UP DUNCAN ...what are you talking about?!?!. What the hell are these feelings? Do not show weakness. I decide to pick her up and take her to my bedroom. I go to my room and place her in my bed and her with my blanket. I leave the room and head back to work.

5 HOURS LATER

KIM POV

I wake up and look around me. I am in a nice comfy bed in a really messy room. There are mechanical parts lied everywhere and weird tools and machines that I have never seen before. I groan and sit up. I see that the door is opened and there was a long hallway outside. I think I am in that castle I saw. I wonder where I am. Who brought me to this room? My mind was going through so many thoughts and questions. I suddenly hear the door creaking. I look up and see a man standing in the doorway. He was wearing a pair of goggles and a lab coat. He had blonde hair and a...... I looked at his face. He was handsome, but he had a strange look. I felt like he had some sort of inner conflict or darkness. His eyes did have a sense of humor behind them. That made me smile. He said, "Uh.. hello, I see that you have recovered a bit. My name is Duncan and this is my castle. I just wanted to ask two questions. Who are you and why the hell were you falling from the sky?". "Uh..." I replied. "I am Kim, and the reason I was falling from the sky is that I got blown up by freaking Sjin and Sips and I think I might have come through some weird dimension thing. I have no idea." There was a sudden sense of worry/shock/anger reaction in his face, but he quickly went back to his straight face. He then took a step forward and said "Well, once you feel like you are able to, head to the room outside and to the left. I will show you around my castle. There are a set of clothes on the table next to you, and the bathroom is to your right. The clothes might be a bit big for you since they are mine. They were the smallest I could find, you can remain in yours if you really want to. I would recommend letting them dry though. The castle can sometimes get a bit drafty." I looked around at the bathroom and clothes. "Thank you I replied." I smiled at him and got out of the bed. His face had a ghost of a smile, and he turned around and walked away. I got up, showered and changed into the clothes Duncan gave me. I wonder why he is so serious. He seems really lonely. I stepped out the door and looked around. There were huge machines, and towers, and rooms everywhere. How could someone live alone somewhere so big? I checked my self and straighten out my shirt and headed towards the room. "Well Kim, Let's see how this goes."