sixteen

(Y/n)'s POV

I've been in my room for a week now. People have come to my door, but I've ignored them. Peter has still been blowing up my phone.

"(Y/n)? Open up. It's Tony," I heard. Tony was the only Avenger that didn't come to my door. I decided to open it a crack.

"Hi," I said quietly.

"You're going back to school. Next week. Just thought you should know. Even if you aren't out of your room, someone is gonna break in and drag you there," Tony said sternly. I nodded and closed the door.

School? Why? There had been no mention of school before. Well, Tony just said that I wouldn't have to go back.

I sighed and opened my door. I walked down the stairs cautiously. It was worth a shot to try and be normal again before school starts.

I didn't see anyone on the couch, so I let out the breath that I didn't know I was holding. I walked into the kitchen to also see no one.

Probably on a mission. I shrugged and opened the fridge, grabbing a can of (f/soda).

I had been keeping my powers fairly contained, so I think that's why Tony want to send me back to school. I didn't plan on blasting anyone while I was there.

Maybe that Mary Jane bitch, but after school hours. If I can wait that long. She's gonna pay.

"(Y/n)?" I heard someone say. I turned around to see Wanda standing in front of the kitchen door.

"Hey Wanda," I said, my voice slightly raspy. I haven't talked to anyone in a while.

"We've all been really worried. I hope you're okay," she said. I nodded and cracked open my soda.

"You know what happened right?" I asked.

"Peter cheated," Wanda said quietly.

"Yeah," I said awkwardly.

"Do you want me to beat his ass?" Wanda asked with a smirk.

"Perhaps. Where is everyone?" I asked.

"On a mission. They told me and Pietro to stay here just in case you came out," Wanda explained.

"Let's go watch a movie or something," I said, sipping my (f/soda).

Wanda walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, and I followed her. Pietro was sitting on the couch.

"Ah, (Y/n), you're alive," Pietro said.

"Sadly," I said jokingly.

I sat down next to Pietro, and then Wanda sat next to me.

"Alright. Let's watch... hm. What about (f/movie)?" Pietro asked, flipping through channels.

"Ooh! I love that movie!" I yelled.

We watched the movie for about an hour, and then the Avengers came back.

"(Y/n)! You're back," Steve said, smiling. I stood up and hugged him. He was still wearing his Captain America uniform, and it was dirty.

"Good to see you back, kid," Tony said, walking into with a suit. Not an Iron Man suit, but an expensive suit. And sunglasses. It was nighttime.

"Pete isn't here, don.'t worry. Tony sent him home for a while," Bucky said, walking up to me and patting my shoulder.

I smiled at him and looked around. These people really cared about me, and I appreciate the hell out of that.

(Next Week)

My first day back at school was today. My mom was informed that I would be going back, and she was completely okay with it. I haven't seen her in a while, but now she was allowed to visit me in the compound.

I looked in the mirror at my complete look. The night before, Natasha and I redyed my hair to my natural color.

My look for the day consisted of a black sweater with a (f/color) pair of overalls, and some black converse. My hair was in braids, and my makeup was light for the day.

I grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs. Sam and Steve were sitting in the living room, watching Drake and Josh.

"Drake is superior. Look at that man! His hair is so snazzy," Sam said, smirking.

"Incorrect. Josh has a better personality," Steve argued. They started to bicker and I just rolled my eyes. I walked into the kitchen to see Tony, and Natasha sitting around the island.

"Hey kid! Ready for school?" Tony asked. Natasha smiled.

"Yeah. Who's taking me?" I asked.

"I am. When do you need to be there?" Tony asked. I checked the time on my phone to see that it was 7:30.

"School starts at 8, I think," I said. Tony nodded.

"I'll drive you there at 7:45. Here's your schedule, just in case you forgot it," Tony said, handing me a slip of paper.

I grabbed it and walked out of the kitchen. The other Avengers were probably asleep. Thor and Bruce were in Asgard, for some reason, and Peter wasn't here. Thank god.

(At School)

I walked into my first period class. English. I don't really remember much from school.

"(Y/n)?" I heard a semi-familiar voice say. I turned around to see Erica and Bella.

"Guys?" I asked quietly.

"You're back! Where have you been?" Erica asked.

"Oh, uh, I was sick," I said. They gave me a weird look, but it went away pretty quickly.

"There's a new girl here. Her name is Gwen. She's pretty nice. We invited her to our group, since Joey moved," Bella said.

"Wait, Joey moved?" I asked.

"Yeah. We've been trying to contact you, but you haven't answered our texts," Erica said.

"Sorry guys," I said quietly.

"Wait, did anything happen with you and Pete?" Bella asked.

"No," I said quietly.

"You gotta make your move! This new girl named Mary Jane has been all up on him. He seems pretty interested in her," Erica exclaimed.

What? Peter was still all up on her? Wow, okay. I guess he didn't really love me after all.

Real nice, Parker.