𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?"

"Yeah, I heard a baby," Lucas Sinclair stated, eyes squinting as he looked at Mike.

With a sigh, Cindy put her head in her hands, refusing to make eye contact with Eleven, who had been gazing over at the girl hesitantly since she had arrived at the Wheeler's home.

"What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor," Lucas shook his head as he spoke, glancing between the walkie talkie that sat in the middle of the group, "It's probably the Blackburns' next door."

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!"

Lucas rolled his eyes at his friend. "Mike..."

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!"

Cindy lifted her eyes, allowing them to dart towards Eleven before placing them on Mike.

Lucas nudged Cindy's knee from beside her, brows raised doubtfully. "Do you believe this shit?"

The Harrington's gaze drifted among the group, skipping over Eleven before looking back to Lucas. 

"I don't know," She shrugged, her mind still clouded with the image of Will's soaking red vest clinging to his lifeless body, "We saw him, last night. That's all I know."

"Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin asked from Cindy's right.

"I don't think it's about that," Mike admitted, eyes fixated on the walkie talkie as Eleven twisted and turned its knobs, "I think, somehow, she's channeling him."

"--Like...like Professor X," Dustin mused, earning an eye roll from Lucas.

"Yeah," Mike smiled softly.

Lucas looked between the two boys, leaning his elbows on his knees. "Are you two actually believing this crap?"

"I don't know, I mean..." Dustin shrugged, "Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that."

"Did you guys not hear what Cindy just said? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" Lucas leaned over to get close to each of the boys' faces as he spoke, voice raising an octave.

Cindy simply put her head in her hands, closing her eyes solemnly.

"Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us."

"It's not his ghost."

"So how do you know that?"

"I just do!"

"Then what was in that water?"

"I don't know! All I know is Will is alive. Will is alive!"

Cindy's eyes raised, peering over at Mike with a frown, brows furrowed, sadness written across her features.

"He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him."

Eleven continued to twist the knobs on the walkie talkie, static blaring through the friend's short silence.

"This isn't gonna work," Mike stated, glancing at each of his friends, "We need to get El to a stronger radio."

"Mr. Clarke's Heathkit ham shack," Dustin mused, a toothless smile rising on his cheeks.