Furlough? Just say I'm jobless now. Right? I want to die now please.

"Wow... Great! I'm jobless!" I murmured.

I read my demise over and over... Just staring at the screen of my beaten up iPhone when tears escaped my eyes. This phone is the oldest model. The only thing years worth of left over salary, that I saved can afford. I might have to sell it. I have nothing now. This is my life... The life down on one's luck.

What will I say to my parents? My family is depending on me. My poor little sister she is suffering from asthma. Now I'm unable to support her treatment and medication because I'm unemployed.

I slump on the floor. I don't even care about the people around me. I weep heavily while holding my phone. My sorrow will crush this phone into a million pieces if I throw it. But I'm not going to do that. I'm broke and I can't afford to buy a new one. Oh my gosh, why am I even thinking about it!?

Why is my life so hard? How bad am I that I need to suffer this burden?

Since I was a kid, I know that we are poor. My parents didn't have a stable job. They raise us with the help of our other relatives. Later on, our relatives started to forget us one at a time.

I studied on a public school when I was in both grade school and high school. Fortunately when I took the entrance examination in this University, I passed and qualified on their scholarship program. Now, I don't have to pay a dime to study here.

But, I'm living far from my parents. They live in the province while I'm on the city so i need to rent an apartment with a low monthly payment. That is the reason I am... I was working on the bookstore. Now that I got laid off. I will be unable to afford my apartment's rent and monthly bills.

I need money for food and everyday living, my apartment's rent, my sister's medication and my parents' allowance. I have nothing now! i I don't know what will I do to make ends meet.

I don't know how many minutes had passed but I notice it was silent. The people were gone. I'm sure they are in their classes now. I need to go to mine.

Slowly, I try to get up from the floor but I feel weak and I can't stand firmly. My legs are feeling wimpy and my head is spinning.

"Let me help you." A hand reached out and supported me as I was still getting up from the floor. I look up to see who is this good samaritan and to my surprise, it's Vincent.

"Thanks." I barely squeaked while giving him a small smile. I've never seen him looked this way. His eyes was filled with concern and sadness.

"Are you okay?" Vincent asked as he placed his hand on my arm as I stand trying my best to look strong though I still feel weak.

"I am." I give him a bigger smile again... Trying to convince him.

I didn't notice it before that Vincent has those green dreamy warm eyes. His hair was shaded dark brown. His nose was towering in the center of his face oh so straight. And those lips, that's next to perfection. Huh?

"I don't think so. I'll walk you to your class. Come on!" He pulls my arm, causing me to stumble but he holds me firmly as we started to walk.

"So, Isabelle, spill it. I will listen." He cheekily said, showing a glance of his white teeth. I've never been this close to this guy because he belongs to the group that Michelle and I hate the most.

"Huh? What?"

"I know something's going on there. So please, just say it." I stop walking as soon as Vincent finished. Did he say please? Wow! That's new. Being an arrogant jerk on this campus. You won't hear him saying that.

"Alright. I'm only telling it because you said please." I sighed, noticing how he smirk while I was talking.

"I'm unofficially unemployed. I got furloughed. I'm not sure if I still can go to school next year. Now, I can't support my family. Especially my sister's medication. Not to mention myself, of course. That's all, happy now!?" He was just quiet. He did not speak. He just give me a blank stare.

I look back at him for what seems to be a minute or so. He was just looking at me the same way. I decided to walk past him. He's nothing. He's just a waste of time. I started to walk towards my classroom and when I was about to knock on the door. Someone stop me and turn my body around.

"What? Do I still need to ellaborate my story huh?" It's still Vincent. Why Can he just leave me? He already helped me to get up from the floor. I think that's enough. We're not friends.

"Work for me." He said while ignoring my rants.

"Work for you? As what? As your maid? No way man!" I said furiously as I remove my arm from his hold.

"No." He whispered softly.

"So as what?" I simply asked. As what? As his driver? Well I'm not good at driving. As his cook? I can cook, but not those cuisines that I know rich people eat.

I waited for him to answer me but time has been wasted. So I turn around and face the door again. I was about to knock on the door, for the second time he stopped me. I know it's him, he's the only one that still on the hallway besides me. This is just getting annoying. He stared at my with the same expression as earlier until he smirked.

"Be my wife.. Be my hired wife.."