Chapter 1- The Beginning of The End

(Author's note- this is a fan based story of the real novel called "The Road" And this is a project for school. But I'm gonna keep on writing the story for you guys. This is gonna be a new one for me but here it goes enjoy. it also contains swears and gore/killing . YOU ARE WARNED)

When did this happen.... Everything I knew is gone.  No school...  No family.... Everything... A few of my friends made it.  We do have what we need but it's running low. It hurts to think about what happen to my family.  My cousin.... My dear and supporting cousin Angie... she died... to have me live. I don't think i will be ever the same happy self to cheer up my few friends that are with me from this.  My name is Aryanna... My friends are Hailey, Lorraine and Bryanna. we have been on our own for who knows how long. My mother actually taught me how to use a gun and a crossbow from when she used to work at Smith and Wesson. so i am the one who is carrying the sniper rifle, crossbow and pistol. My friends does have their own little positions that they have. Bryanna is like the medic, Hailey has the supplies stock-age and Lorraine is like a guard, just like me because I trust her more when carrying a weapon around. but she has more of close combat techniques while i have long range techniques. We are currently walking down the road. in a place of what used to be Chicopee from what i know it of. i know the what used to be Chicopee like the back of my hand. So we are scouting around for any supplies we can get. Aryanna I'm scared.  Bryanna tells me. I usually ignore it or say that we are gonna be fine, just follow me, I know where I'm going. But it's different. I'm just silent. Something feels off about this area. Aryan--. Shut up. I say to Bryanna. I didn't like the vibes here and that made Lorraine start going in a protective mode. I draw out my sniper rifle and ready to shoot. Hide.... now.... there is someone watching us right now... Which we all did go in a  hiding spot. having my sniper all set and i look around through the scope, spotting some travellers and not the good kind i want to see. And great.. just want i wanted.... seven cannibals... welp... i'll make this quick...  and that, i put the silencer on my sniper and i shoot them in the head. but i only missed two. Shit... Lorraine the two guys are injured. go get 'em... I say blunty and in a monotone voice. Knowing that Lorraine would be happy to get something to well some fun and I see her making a mad dash to the injured cannibals and killing them. Still never once smiled at this. stone cold as ever, thinking about my past. 

~FLASHBACK~

It was on a Wednesday, August 4th, 2017. I was 14 at the time and I was with my family at the beach in Rhode Island. I could still feel the salty breeze on my face and the warm heat from the sun on my body. I could also faintly taste the salt on my lips. Hearing my family laugh and play around in the water, seeing all the little sea creatures frolicking around. I was smiling and laughing with them. The fitting black bathing suit on my body started to collect the heat from the sun so I jump into the cold water. I could still remember saying it was so cold and the others were laughing at me. I could still hear the seagulls squawking, the waves splashing against the rocks. I pouted when they laughed at me and dived under the water to see the seafloor and creatures that lived under the sea. But when I saw a lobster, I started to scream thinking that it was a crab so i swam away from it. It was really fun swimming underwater, and it even felt like I was a mermaid. The ocean is like my peaceful companion. My mother loved the ocean as well, but I don't think my little cousin liked being at the beach. When I came up for a breath of air, I didn't know she would be next to me so her hair got wet. She started crying and I kept on saying sorry to her. We stayed to watch the sun go down. We even had a little fire going on and ate smores. Me and my older cousin Angelina was walking near the water, collecting seashells so we could make some things out of them. Angelina told me to always look for the brighter side of things. Never give up on what you believe and to Never... forget who you are. It put me to tears really... I thought that i would never hear that from my cousin. I always have been on the downside of things, being bullied in school, having to deal with yelling and making some bad decisions. But the words that was coming out of Angelina's mouth... made me smile... I would never forget this day that made me happy. Never again will I forget this moment that touched my heart. 

~FLASHBACK ENDS~

I didn't realize i was crying until i get a hard slap on the face by Lorraine.  Get it together Aryanna!!  Lorraine yelled to me. i was shocked really. i wipe my tears away and goes back to having stone cold look on my face. puts my sniper away and stands up. We got to go get some supplies now... Hailey... go check on what they had for supplies. Lorraine follow her. i say. They do what they are told and we go out on the road to go down South.  Taking the highway from where the what used to be called Chicopee is.  Going down that road.  It reminds me of a song I used to sing before. And I start to sing the song.

🎶~I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's only me, and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

I walk alone, I walk alone
I walk alone and I walk a

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone

Ah ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah ah

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line of the edge
And where I walk alone

Read between the lines
What's fucked up and every thing's all right
Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive
And I walk alone

I walk alone, I walk alone
I walk alone and I walk a

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone

Ah ah ah ah ah
Ah ah ah ah ah

I walk alone, I walk a

I walk this empty street
On the boulevard of broken dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one, and I walk alone

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone~🎶

When the song ended I look at my friends.  They were actually happy that I sang a song for once.  But me on the other hand I didn't want it. So we kept on walking on the road.  Bryanna is saying knock knock jokes while Hailey is making weird moaning sounds. I wanted it to stop so we made a rest stop in the highway because it was getting cold and dark.  So we set up a camp for all of us. I told the others I will take first watch which they fell asleep in just like that.  I had Hailey's head on my lap while I had my gun in my hands.  Hailey starts to stir in her sleep which I sang a song for her and she will right back to sleep.  Sleep well Hailey....  Bryanna and Lorraine. I say softly.  Tomorrow is another day...  We can't give up hope...  We will never survive if we give up hope.... I believe that there is civilization that are not cannibals or anything like that on the other side of the world.... But for now...  Just sleep....  And I stayed up until Lorraine was rested to take over the look out position and I fall asleep soon after.  A middle weight sleeper.  'This...  Is gonna be a long night. The beginning of the end is upon us.... And there was no way of stopping that. All I hope is that there are people who are good like us around on the other side of the world.'

To.  Be.  Continued.

(HEY GUYS!!!  WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ABOUT THIS NEW STORY?  IT WAS HARD TO COMPLETE THE CHAPTER BECAUSE I HAD A WRITER'S BLOCK.  BUT HERE IT IS.  THIS IS  A FANBASED STORY AMD A SCHOOL PROJECT FOR MY ENGLISH CLASS SO I WROTE THIS CHAPTER FOR MY PROJECT!!!  PLEASE VOTE ON MY BOOK AND DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME!!!  THIS IS CaRtOoNz101 SIGNING OFF.  BYE!!!!))