The Relationship between Women and their Shoes

Shoes have always been something that has fascinated women, whether they are style icons or notNo matter what the state of the economy is in, women will never give up their fetish for shoes.It doesn’t even matter that they already have and own all the shoes they will ever need in their lifetime - shopping for shoes (sandals) will always be something that they look forward to.

Beyonce is one example of this.In a person’s lifetime, she can own a thousand pairs of shoes in her closet.She likes collecting shoes instead of wearing them, which may reflect what some women do.One more avid shoe collector is Carrie Bradshaw, played by Sarah Jessica Parker in the Sex in the City series.Wearing shoes can satisfy her deepest needs as well as her soul.Being the owner to a large collection of shoes really establishes a women’s sense of power.

It’s a mystery as to why a person can be the owner of countless pairs of shoes.But there must be something about sandals that make it so appealing, something that attracts these women to the acquisition of them.So what is it, then?What gets women excited over shoes?

Shopping has been around for ages.Positive feelings overcome negative ones when people go out to shop.Guilt kicks in when it’s time to open one’s wallet.It’s a different case when it comes to shoes.They feel that its usability is greater than that of other retail items, so they don’t feel guilty as quickly, and instead, retain that feeling of satisfaction much longer.The good thing about sandals is that those reasons stated previously set itself apart from others.

No one can deny the power a woman has when she is looking in her best in a pair of stilettos.The stilettos add a couple of inches which boosts self-confidence.Wearing heels boosts confidence in ways that a lot of people don’t view in terms of perspective.

Compared to flats, women look sexier in heels.In order to attract men, women can resort to wearing heels - it gives her an aura of knowing what she wants and plus, it emphasizes her bottom while at it.Miranda Priestly of the Devil Wears Prada can be the epitome of the alpha female: the editor in chief of a high fashion magazine with often unreachable standards.The combination of power, sex, status and wealth comes into mind when a woman is wearing heels.This is what is ingrained deeply in their psyche for most girls when it comes to Discount Shoes.These footwear purchases have an underlying message and that is they can reach whatever they want for themselves.One of the things that give people a certain high include power-dressing, and not just the acquisition of the shoe.

Online Web 2.0 Version  “Women, Shoes, and their Unconscious Associations

You can read the online version of this press release here.