"If it is in my power." Enjolras said. At this point Gavroche had pulled himself from my embrace and ran back out of the café to Courfeyrac. I walked over and stood in the doorway of the café, and listened to Enjolras and the volunteer interact.

"Give me the spy Javert. Let me take care of him." The Volunteers said pointing down to the gun Enjolras had tucked into his belt.

"Enjolras, no!" I whispered, loud enough for him to hear me. I didn't think we could trust this man, he may have saved our lives just now, but who is to say that he wouldn't take them later. Enjolras glanced at me before looking back that the Volunteer. Enjolras pulled the musket from his belt and handed it to the Volunteer.

"Do what you must. The man belongs to you." Enjolras said taking one last look at Javert before walking over to me. He placed a hand on my back to usher me out of the door way, closing it behind us. Once the door was closed he turned towards me.

"Are you alright?" He said looking at me from head to toe, making sure that I was not hurt.

"Yes, I am fine. But Enjolras, are you sure you did the right thing turning Javert over to that man?" I said looking him right in his eyes.

"Yes, I don't know why. But I trust that man completely. It is because of him that I am still here with you. If it were not for him, those soldiers on the roof could have killed any of us." Enjolras said pulling me into his chest.

"If you say so." Was all I could say, but it was barely above a whisper. I stood in Enjolras embrace, until we heard a gunshot come from behind the café. Everyone stopped what they were doing, some looking to the roof, still paranoid from the surprise attack. I looked at Enjolras with wide eyes. He just sighed and pulled me back to his chest, squeezing me one last time.

"I have to go back to my position." He said into my hair. I simply nodded, as he let me go. "Go try and get some rest. I will come find you once my shift is over." Enjolras said as he looked down at me.

"Okay." I said looking down. Enjolras climbed back to the top of the barricade, as the volunteer emerged from the café. He looked up as Enjolras and nodded. I went and found a spot that was in the corner of the barricade next to the café and sat down. I tried to rest my eyes, but sleep did not come. I was still thinking over the volunteer, who didn't completely have my trust. I watched the Volunteer as he moved about the barricade, interacting with a few of the boys. But I noticed that he kept looking at Marius. I continued to analyze the Volunteer, until he walked over to me.

"Mademoiselle, may I ask what you are doing here. Risking your life for this." The volunteers said taking a seat next to me. I glanced up at him, and looked back up to Enjolras who was still on watch.

"I'm here with my Fiancé." I said looking up to Enjolras.

"Ah, so you are the famous Valerie. He couldn't say enough about you before." The volunteer smiled at me. "He really loves you. He said that he was not only doing this for France, but for you Mademoiselle" he said placing a hand on my shoulder. I just shrugged it off.

"Who are you." I said a bit coldly looking at the man. "Why did you come here." I continued. The volunteer seemed taken aback by my abrupt questions.

"I came to protect someone." He said looking towards Marius. "I'm doing it for my daughter." He said looking down at his hands. Suddenly everything started coming together.

"Are you Cosette's father?" I whispered, so that no one else around us could hear.

"I am. Do you know her?" He asked.

"No, but Marius over there, he is my best friend Monsieur. And I would do anything to makes sure that he makes it out alive. He loves you daughter so much, she hasn't stopped thinking about her. Heck he even thought of abandoning this whole thing to be with her, and he was going to. That was until she disappeared." I said looking over at Marius, who was frantically working, moving furniture around to make sure that they barricade was strong enough.