Chapter 2

"So what are you doing up so early, I thought you said you could sleep the day away" sonic asked with his signature grin. "I couldn't sleep" I said a bit shyly. "That's strange, usually it would take a canon to wake you up yet you couldn't sleep?" Sonic asked with a questioning look. "I had a bad dream as always" I said trying my best to avoid eye contact.

"Oh do you want to talk about it, I'm all ears"sonic said as he started to twitch and move his ears to show me that he's listening. it made me giggle a little at the sight. "Why would you concern yourself with some bad dream I had" I asked as I sat down on the ground, sonic following short after. "Because I don't like to see my friends sad, even you" sonic said with a reassuring voice. did he just call me a friend? no one besides Maria called me that.

"Fine" I said in defeat. "Yes" sonic said in triumph while pumping his fists in the air. I couldn't help but to giggle at how childish sonic was acting. "What are you laughing at" sonic asked while tilting his head to the right. "You of course, why do you have to be so childish sonic" I asked while a little smile came across my muzzle. "Hey shads you called me by my name, and you're smiling are you feeling ok?" sonic asked a little worried. "Hmm. ya I'm fine. but I can't smile or call you by your name?" I asked. "No it's just you've never done that before" sonic said with a small smile. "Maybe because I'm not so mad or lonely and I finally have some one to talk to and not have them run away screaming or trying to kill me" I said sounding a little depressed and looked away.

"I'm sorry shadow, I never knew you were lonely. if I did I would have come and visit you more often." sonic said while giving me a hug.

Sonic's pov

I gave shadow a hug and I was surprised that he hugged me back. I really did feel bad for him but before I could say another word shadow released his grip causing me to let go as well. "Thanks sonic, I guess I needed that" shadow said and I knottiest a hint of blush on his cheeks. than I got up and stretched "No problem shadow, that's what friends are for" I said but before shadow could respond a pink hedgehog tackled me from behind causing me to fall on top of shadow. "Sonic I finally caught you, and you can't run this time!" said amy from on top of shadow and I.

Shadow's pov

I let out a low growl from my throat hoping no one heard it, but apparently luck wasn't on my side. "Sorry shadow I didn't see you there" said the pink nuisance as she got off of us. when sonic was finally off of me I got up off the ground and dusted myself off. "So sonic I was wondering if you wanted to take me to the movies" asked the pink b****.

"Sorry amy but I was hanging out with shadow maybe another time" sonic said I noticed him trying his best not to sound angry. "Come on! shadow can take care of himself. and since when did shadow the hedgehog like you being around him? why bother when you can hang out with some one cooler like me!" Amy said while batting her eyelashes. I felt so sad that my ears fell back against my head and I looked down at the ground. "I'll be going then, by sonic. Rose" I said trying not to cry as I ran off into a near by forest. "What was that about" asked the stupid pink hedgehog.

Sonic's pov

I was so mad at amy for doing that to shadow that I just wanted to punch her in the face. "I'll tell you what just happened! You and your stupid mouth just made shadow feel like hell, now I'm sure he feels worse than ever because of you. all I was trying to do was comfort him but noooo~ you just had to show up and ruin every thing!" I yelled at her with all the anger I had towards her that had been bottled up for all this time.

"And now since I'm the only one that has the balls to go to him and make him feel better because of people like you that make him feel depressed and feel like he's just shit that you threw away in the trash" I said as all my anger came out and at the corner of my eyes were tears forming.

"I'm so sorry sonic I didn't mean to hurt you" said amy as she started to cry. "No! don't give me this shit! you shouldn't apologize to me you should apologize to shadow" and those were the last words I said as I ran in the forest to catch up with shadow. leaving amy to cry by herself.