For the rest of class, the girls started planning the dance while I listened. Apparently my ideas weren't satisfactory. After classes, and dinner Gin gave me a peck on the cheek and told me she would meet me in the common room later then ran off with Hermione. I can't believe how they had bonded in the last year. Well I guess I could start on some homework without Hermione...

Hermione's POV

"Ginny, just tell me where were going already!" I pouted as she dragged me through the hallways.

"We're almost there," she promised. And before I knew, it we were back at McGonagall's.

"What are we doing here?"

"You'll see." She knocked

***

"I can't wait to finally see it!"

"Calm down, Gin, don't get your hopes up. It's just a common room."

"Still..." She watched over my shoulder as I cast the revealing charm. When Snape became visible, she jerked back. I started to laugh until she shot me a glare.

"It's just a portrait-" She elbowed me in the side before angrily whispering in my ear. "But it's still... I don't know, like, weird..."

"You're fine, now come on." I leaned dawn and whispered the password just loud enough for Snape to hear. Apparently he wasn't to fond of Ginny because all he did was scowl at her.

"Oh, its so pretty," she marveled.

Draco looked up from his homework and walked over to us. He shot a look of anger Ginny's way. But it quickly melted away when I gave him a smile. "So, uh, why is she here?"

"McGonagall said she can be here as long as she's planning the dance and promises to tell no one."

"Great," I heard him say under his breath.

"Don't worry, it'll be fun," I promised and proceeded to push him playfully.

"How about we just pretend I helped?" He smiled, and I knew it was meant for me.

"Nope, you're going to help, and you're going to like it."

"Sure..." That usual look reappeared on his face. I couldn't tell exactly what it was but I had an idea; pain. I looked over at a bewildered Ginny. I probably should have told her about Draco, but then again, she never asked...

For the next couple hours we started to plan. Ginny was sprawled out in front of the fire and I sat by Draco. I could feel his knee touching my thigh and sending a burning sensation through my body, but a good burning. By the end of the night, we had planned the decorations, the music, and the arrangements for food and drinks. We had done enough planning for tonight. It was late, we were all tired. Throughout the night, I got a couple more looks from Ginny, but I waved them away. Not tonight.

Just as I was dozing off, Ginny started mumbling stuff I couldn't totally make out. "Never believed...you've really changed..." Then she dozed of herself. We both knew she was talking about Draco. I looked over at Draco. Were both laying on our backs.

He was staring at our hands. Just centimeters away from touching. Something inside of me moved my hand onto his. Once it was done, there was no removing it. It felt right as I traced circles on the back of his hand. We were both looking at the hands, not each other. His hand was warm as I entwined my fingers with his. Both of our hands were a little sweaty, but neither of us noticed enough to care. A wildfire ripped through me as we touched. We turned onto our sides so we could see one another.

I fell asleep staring into those gray-misty orbs of his. And for once, I though I saw something other than despair and agony, but I couldn't put a finger on what it was.

At that momment, I felt like there was nothing in the world I couldn't do. Everything felt perfect, right then, as if I had never lost anything. And it was because of him. It was at that moment when I knew. I love Draco Malfoy.

Draco's POV

As her eyes closed, I wished they wouldn't. She gave me this feeling, like I was actually worth something. I didn't need anyone else's approval. I had her's, and that's all that matters to me at the momment. I wanted to reach over and draw her close, but I knew I couldn't. This night convinced me. I knew I had to be more than friends with her. I had to. I didn't care what anyone else thought. I didn't care it was "wrong". The blood would be mixed at some point. If it's now, what difference does it make. All I needed was to get her to like me back...

*A/N

Sorry it too so long but I was on a mini vacation :P but I hope the longer chapter made up for the wait

Anyway... hoped you liked it. Got some Dramione moments in there was :D Remember to tell me what you think!!! Comment and like!!!

~Mrs Malfoy ♥♡