I go to my pockets for my phone only to realize I didn't have it with me. I didn't have change either. "Fuck." I mutter under my breath, walking out onto the street. It wasn't busy at all. One or two cars every 5-10 minutes. I found myself walking in the direction of what I hoped would be a busier road. It was very cold out and I only had on my sweats and t-shirt. I didn't even have any shoes on. Every now and then I'd feel thorns pricking the bottom of my foot when I walked and my feet were starting to ache. Finally after what seemed like forever, I reached a road with a lot more cars. I couldn't tell where I was or even how far from my house I was. None of the streets looked familiar and I've never seen these street names before. I knew I was a good distance from home.

I looked both ways and took a shaky breath before sticking my thumb out. Several cars passed me before finally a red pickup truck pulled up beside me. The tinted window rolled down, revealing a man maybe in his mid thirties with a lot of stubble and a receding hairline. "Where you heading sweetheart?" His gravelly voice asked. I stepped forward and pushed my hair that was starting to fall out of my bun out of my face. "Uh..Y/H/T." I tell him. He licks his lips then whistles. "You're a long way from there. Luckily I'm going that way. Hop in." I hesitate before getting in the truck, making sure to keep as much distance between us as possible. He drove off into the night and I let my thoughts take over.

"It's late. What are you doing so far from home?" The man breaks the silence with his thick New York accent, placing his hand on my thigh. I pushed his hand away before responding. "It's a long story that I'd rather not get in to right now." The man nodded and scratched his cheek. "What's your name?"

"Kehlani." I replied, looking out the window. "Pretty name for a pretty girl." The man chuckled as we came to a red light. He turned towards me and placed his hand on my thigh again, further up though. "How old are you Kehlani?" He asked, licking his lips profusely.

"Not old enough for you you creep." I say trying to push him off of me. He doesn't budge. I go to open the door but he locks it with a sly grin. "Where you going sweet cheeks?" He starts caressing my thigh and memories of my dad flood my mind. Terror surges through my body in sheer panic. I try to hide my fear from him but it doesn't work. I see him smile as he grips my thigh tighter.

"I'm trying to get home." I say shakily. The man laughs bitterly as the light turns green. He starts to drive and clears his throat. "And I said I'd get you there. Now sit back and relax." He hisses, moving his hand further up my thigh. I wanted to fight him off but I was scared. He was much bigger than me and who knows if he has a weapon with him. I didn't want to get taken advantage of like I did with my dad. I guess I had only one option if I wanted to get out of this truck untouched. I grabbed the steering wheel and swerved the truck to the right. Causing horns to blare and people to send a barrage of cuss words our way.

"What the fuck are you doing?! Trying to get us killed you dumb fuck!" The man shouted, gripping the steering wheel and trying to jerk it the other way. He was much stronger than me so he was able to regain control of the truck. I then looked at the gear shift. I pulled the throttle all the way back to park. The truck suddenly jerked forward and then I felt weightless for a second before crashing down on the roof of the truck. I felt a couple bones pop but I wasn't hurt too bad from what I could tell. Glass was everywhere and I saw oil leaking. I looked over at the driver and saw he was motionless. I was hoping he was just unconscious and not dead. From outside I heard people getting out of their cars and shouting. Someone was shouting at people to call for an ambulance while others came and helped pull me and the driver out the truck. I rolled my neck a couple times before a bone popped back into place.

"Are you okay miss?" Asked the man who helped me out the truck. I nod. "Yes thank you." I say quietly. He nods before turning his attention to the crowd that has started to gather around the driver of the truck. "I can't feel a pulse and he isn't breathing!" A man shouts from the ground near him. My breath hitches as I come to terms with what I've done. That man could be dead. He could have a family. Kids even. And I just ruined their life by taking his. Tears streamed down my face as reality hit me. I fell to my knees and looked up into the cold black sky of night. I hugged myself in an attempt to calm myself down. I started singing to myself and I felt my nerves calm immediately.

I hope you find your way
I'm sorry we couldn't make it
Still I miss you anyway yeah
I just grew and couldn't break it
How I wish perfect was enough for my own heart
Sometimes I swear it was enough for my own heart
I guess I'll wait another lifetime ooh
Meet us in another lifetime ooh ooh ooh
I guess I'll wait another lifetime ooh
Cause there I will stay my darling
I swear I won't run from you
I know how to make mistakes
Wasn't grown enough to fake them
Everybody makes mistakes
Do we live and learn to brave them
How I wish I was good enough for our own heart
Don't ever think you weren't enough for our own heart
I guess I'll wait another lifetime ooh
Meet us in another lifetime ooh ooh ooh
I guess I'll wait another lifetime ooh
Cause there I will stay my darling
I swear I won't run from you
I swear I won't run
Won't run from you, I swear about it
I swear I won't run
In another life, I'll keep us bounded
Oh no, I swear I won't run
Won't run from you, I swear about it
I swear I won't run, run
Guess I'll wait another lifetime ooh
Meet me in another lifetime ooh ooh ooh
I guess I'll wait another lifetime ooh
Cause there I will stay my darling
I swear I won't run from you

By the time I was finished, I felt tears coming down my face with Y/N on my mind.

"I've lost her."

I'm sorry (not really)

How was it?

This song has been in my head for a while now and really goes with the chapter so yeah I hope you liked both the song and the chapter.

Thanks for reading

If you don't have a smile I'll give you one of mine