Chapter one

(Disclaimer) the first chapter or two are going to be slow. This is my first story on Wattpad so please no hate! I am trying my best. If you don't like the story, don't read it.

Your name is Payton

Your point of view

I'm broken. At least thats what I was told. Well, I guess nobody actually told me that, but I saw it written down on my therapists note pad as I was leaving. That was the last time I saw my therapist.

I don't really give two shits about what other people think of me. I don't really care about people period. They all suck. At least all of the people I've met do. Well, all except one person, Zach.

Zach and I have been best, wait no, scratch that. He's been my brother since I was 7. I'll be 15 in 3 months. He always brags that he's older than me by two weeks any chance he gets, but I don't mind. I wouldn't want to be older.

It was the beginning of July when my life went to shit. Him and I were sitting in my room talking about a tv show when my stepfather came in and said Zach had to leave. When I asked why he just said he had to leave and went back downstairs. Zach got up and I grabbed him by his hand. "Sit back down, your not going anywhere. He can't tell you what to do."

Zach sat back down. "When are you going to start respecting him? It's been almost two years. He's trying to form some sort of bond with you."

"Well, he's not doing a very good job." My mom then called me downstairs. I head towards the door and stare back at him. "Well, are you going to just sit there all day?" He rolled his eyes as he got up and followed me downstairs. When we got to the bottom, we saw my mom sitting with "him" in the living room.

"Payton," she said, "Zach has to leave." Payton, I always hated my name.

"Why? What's so important?"

"I'd rather not discuss it while Zach's here."

"Bullshit," I say. Zach bumps me with his elbow.

"Watch your mouth," my stepdad snaps at me.

"I'm sorry but last time I checked, I don't take orders from you, Garrett."

"I'm gonna show myself out, I'll call you later," says Zach. I grab his hand before he can take another step towards he door.

"Your not going anywhere, whatever they have to say, they can say it to both of us." The room was silent for a moment until my mom said the five words that made my heart stop.

"We're moving out of state."

———————————————————————-
And that is the end of chapter one. I know it sucks but I can tell you that things get better from this point on.
✌️