Chapter 2

Severus kept thinking all through breakfast of Hermione and of lily he felt a twang or guilt for letting himself fall for the beautiful young girl . Hermione on the other hand had put snape out of her mind that was until she entered the potions room , she realised she was 10 minutes late . ' your late miss granger detention tonight and stay behind after class' she rolled her eyes , sighed and sat down next to harry . 'He's such a dick' Harry whispered in her ear she giggled 'detention tomorrow night miss granger' she stood up , 'but sir that's not fair'. 'It is you know have detention for the rest of the week I don't want to hear any of it' he watched her sit down and watched her work he found it intriguing watching her.

As everyone left the class room 'I don't want any more cheek from you unlike that Potter you are intelligent I don't want one of my best students to fall behind' she smirked and bit her lip this tempted him very much 'don't do that' he said

As everyone left the class room 'I don't want any more cheek from you unlike that Potter you are intelligent I don't want one of my best students to fall behind' she smirked and bit her lip this tempted him very much 'don't do that' he said . 'Do what sir' she looked confused He could tell she wasn't aware of how tempting she was.

Hermiones pov
'Thank you sir I won't be late again see you tonight' I said walking out of the room I found him very attractive and couldn't help but smile when he was around . I walked in to lunch 'hey Harry where's Ron' he laughed. 'doing his homework he has about 50 essay' I laughed at this ' well I'm not really hungry so I'm going on a walk want to come' he shook his head ' I'm fine I might go join Ron' . I walked down towards the black lake I sat bye my usual tree and read my latest book from the library. Soon this beautiful singing began and I stated to walk towards the lake I stripped in to my underwear and began to walk to to the water. I tired to stop myself but I couldn't suddenly this old mermaid thing dragged my under I began to kick and scream but I was drowning and I couldn't stop it.

Snapes pov
I was walking along the lake shore when I saw Hermione in her underwear I might add walking towards a siren she was dragged under I screamed. Even before I had time to think I dived in and went to save her I pulled her out and sat down with her in my arms she was gasping and began to cry 'thank you thank you sir you saved my life' we just held each other for what felt like an Eternity then she released she was in her underwear. 'Omg I'm in my underwear' she blushed and I blushed I quickly used a drying spell drying us both . And walked of leaving her to get dressed .

Hermione couldn't believe it she has held snape he had held her she had to admit it was the best feeling in the world like nothing could be better. She got dressed and went for a nap before her detention. Deciding she was looking forward to it .

She knocked on the door and it flew open 'sir before you say anything thank you' and she hugged him again he smirked 'miss granger when we are alone you may call me Severus' she grinned and kissed him on the cheek he blushed but managed to contain himself ' and you may call me Hermione or m or mione of whatever' she
laughed to herself. 'Well you will be helping me grade papers from the first year test so take a seat' she did as she was told

Half an hour later
They sat in silence every now and again he would look up at her then look down she would do the same . Hermione decided it was time for her to say something 'Severus I'm really am grateful for what you did earlier' . 'It was no problem couldn't have my best student drowning' she smiled 'you know I thought all slythrins where monsters' snape scowled at this 'why is that' she looked down ' ohh it's noting' he sighed ' you can tell me' he said putting his hand on her thigh then quickly removing it . 'It's just Draco and that lot always go on about me being a mudblood and how I deserve to die' snape was taken back 'they said what' raising his voice anger bubbling inside of him.

Hermiones pov
'Sev calm down I'm fine' but this only made him angrier his onyx bubbling with hurt . 'get out don't come to any more detentions I want nothing to do with you don't ever call me that again'  i sobbed ' fine I'm leaving good riddance you moody old dungeon bat' and stormed out . I cried all the way back to my dorm and
when I got back I threw my face in to my pillow and screamed. I know all slythrins where monsters. Soon Harry walked  in ' hey are you ok m' he smiled I knew he was always there for me he came I lied down next to me I snuggled up to him 'yes just a bad day that's all, how did you get in here anyway' he laughed ' I flew' I rolled my eyes and cuddled him even more .

 Soon Harry walked  in ' hey are you ok m' he smiled I knew he was always there for me he came I lied down next to me I snuggled up to him 'yes just a bad day that's all, how did you get in here anyway' he laughed ' I flew' I rolled my eyes and cu...