NINETEEN

Ulysses Klaue carefully lands our ship in the docking station at Knowhere while the rest of us prepare ourselves for what is ahead. The plan is for Klaue to remain on the ship for a quick getaway while Bucky, Erik, and I 'talk' to The Collector and take the Aether. I have given them strict orders not to kill him unless he does not cooperate; we cannot have the whole galaxy knowing what we are up to.

"Hex!" A voice calls from behind me.
I pick up my chakram fighting discs and hand them on my belt, where they are hidden from sight but easily accessible.
"Are you ready?" Erik asks; a sly grin is painted on his face.
I nod, turning to face Klaue.
"Make sure that you are ready to leave when we get back. We need to put as much distance between Knowhere and us once we have the Aether."
He nods. "A transmission from Ronan just came in. He's requesting new orders."
I run a hand through my hair and sigh. "Tell him to remain where he is. I do not want him messing things up. He is to wait for my call."
Klaue grins and heads to the ships lower level. I turn to Bucky and Erik, who are waiting expectantly.
"Our main goal is getting the Aether, no matter what. If anyone tries to stop us, kill them." I command.
The boys grab their own choice of weapons; Bucky picks up his machine gun and a small knife, and Erik sheathes his Vibranium sword from Wakanda.
"Ready?" I ask.
"Ready." They reply.

We set off from the ship and make our way to The Collector's museum. Both Bucky and Erik are gawping at the chaotic scenery.

"What is this place?" Bucky blurts out.
I smirk. It is strange to think that they have never been to a place like this. Ever since I have joined Thanos, nothing surprises me, not even walking in the head of a dead celestial.
"Knowhere is the decapitated head of a celestial avatar. It has been used for hundreds of years to mine bone, brain tissue, and spinal fluid." I flip my hair over my shoulder and out of the way of my eyes. "There are no rules here. It is the perfect place for outlaws."
"So, the perfect place for us." Erik whistles. "It's beautiful in a chaotic way."
I laugh. "Less gawping at the scenery, boys, and more action."

I lead them to the entrance of The Collector's museum, where we watch as a man is thrown out. A Krylorian girl walks out of the museum and assesses the crowd.
"The Collector is ready for his next client." She calls out, her hazel eyes scanning the crowd.

Multiple people edge forward, but I simply take out one of my chakram disks and throw it at the man closest to the Krylorian. It soundlessly soars through the air and slices the man's neck in one clean swipe. Before his head hits the floor, I press a button on my belt, and the disc comes flying back, attaching itself to my belt. Everyone stops moving, and the whole place seems to hold its breath.

"Sorry, but it seems there has been a cancellation." I muse, a playful smirk on my face.
The three of us push through the crowd and up the steps to the girl and the body.
"What a shame." I mutter, stepping over the headless corpse.
The girl gulps with fear evident in her eyes; nevertheless, she leads us into the museum. She remains silent as we walk past numerous collections of beings and other items from around the galaxy.

"I present to you, Taneleer Tivan: The Collector!" She squeaks with a quick bow.
A man with fluffy white hair and a matching coat turns around to greet us. Shock momentarily flashes through his dark eyes, but he quickly recovers and remains professional.
"Welcome to the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner." He spreads his arms and spins in a small circle to show off his collection. "What have you brought me?"
"Actually, Taneleer, we are here to take something from you." I smirk.
Erik, Bucky, and I draw our weapons. I can sense a blood bath coming.