Chapter 2: Kokichi

Maki met up with her employer later that night, as she entered her employers car so they could talk of the details. A short haired woman, with black dyed hair and a gang tattoo on her hand. She spoke with a very formal tone and Maki only knew her as Mukuro, a common name is this part of Japan so it could be fake.

"What are you offering?" Maki was eager to know what she could gain from this, she worked for one of the rishest people in Tokyo so she was expecting high wages.

"For a kill? More yen than you could count." Mukuro brought out
"But if you could bring him back for information? Enough yen to have you set for life"

Set for life? Now that was something she needed. After all, she was working to get her orphanage out of debt. She needed that money

"Deal. Who's the target"

Mukuro pulled out a slightly crumpled paper from her pocket. "Kaito Momota, One of the most trusted agents of the NPA."

Maki took the paper. It had all of the subjects details except...

"Do you have a photo of him?"

"No. Unfortunately we only recovered his details from a highly secured database. But it has his home address so that should be enough for you."

"You are one of the best assassins in Tokyo after all. I expect you to get this done in a week. "

Maki walked off, hiding the information inside her coat pocket. She would take this day off and then maybe work on her target tomorrow. This mission was essential and she needed to succeed. For herself, and her orphanage.

_______

Kaito Momota got a taxi back to his house, well to call it a house would be a huge understatement. You wouldn't think that being a FDA agent paid well but, obviously that was wrong.

Of course, it wasn't just for him. Shuichi rushed out of the hallway as he entered the front door. "Ahaha, what's the matter with you Shuichi?" Kaito said as he got pummeted with a hug from his sidekick, Shuichi Saihara, agent in training.

"Nothing, just..." Shuichi looked up as Kaito saw his face was full with tears. "Hey, hey, what's up?" Kaito comforted Shuichi as Rantaro walked out.

Rantaro and Shuichi were the two agents who lived with Kaito. They were assigned to one house so the agency would not have to pay as much. And three people staying in a house was less suspicious than one.

Shuichi was Kaito's apprentice, even through they was around the same age. Rantaro is Kaito's partner for cases, and the bad cop to Kaito's good.

"I was worried, because me and Rantaro saw that a building got infiltrated by a serial killer" Shuichi slowly let go of Kaito and invited him to sit down on the couch with him and Rantaro.

"Yeah, we were both worried. You had a case or something there" Rantaro smiled and turned on the TV. The infiltrated building was the first thing they saw on the TV.

"Ahh, I was out of there before that happened. I was actually having a drink across the road from there" Kaito eyes narrowed as the news popped up. Something seemed... off.

"Wait..." Kaito paused the TV as Rantaro and Shuichi looked at him. "Why would a serial killer infutrate a building with no real purpose?"

"Uh, its a serial killer, that's what they do." "No, look at the reports. They knocked out all the cameras and then killed mostly everyone from level one to the roof? Something doesn't seem... right about that"

"Just play the TV Kaito." Kaito sighed and pressed play, slowly drifting off to sleep on the edge of the couch.

____

As soon as Maki woke up she went to help the orphanage fix the fence outside. It was the least she could do for everything that they had done for her.

"Yawn, I'm getting borrrrred Makirolllll. You'll have to keep up nhehehe~" A purple haired teen was getting chased by Maki all over the orphanage. Maki cornered the teen into a side fence and held him to his throat. "Give me that paper back Ouma." Ouma Kokichi was the bane of Maki's existence but unfortunately since he also worked at the orphanage she had to see him everyday.

She knew him since they were both babies and since neither of them were adopted they had to spend every day together. They both ended up working at the orphanage as a part time job and Maki was sick of him.

"Tell me what it's for first" Ouma held that paper behind his back. "No. Give it here." "Aww, Maki roll is shy" Ouma knew he hit a nerve when Maki deathstared him but he didn't care. He wasn't supposed to, right?

Maki threw him to the ground as tackled the paper out of his hand. Unfortunately, in the scuffle some of the paper was ripped, leaving Maki with half of the paper. "Oops" Kokichi held the other part of the paper and let it flew into the wind while he giggled. Maki stared. Did he think this was fucking joke. "I SWEAR TO GOD KOKIC-" she didn't finished her anger fuelled rage at kokichi because at that moment the bell for outside break, where all the kids in the orphanage tumbled outside for their break.

Maki got up from the ground, dusted herself off and put her remaining piece of information in her pocket. But the damage was done. She had lost her the info on her target, including his phone number, address and blood type.

She hurried inside and texted Mukuro

_______

Maki: "Hello, I've lost my targets address and phone number"

Mukuro: "It might be hard to get that information again, we printed out copies at the time but didn't keep it digital. From what I remember, the copies are stored in Warehouse 067"

Maki: "Thanks"

____