"he's not responding to me. i can't do anything."
"how did this happen anyways?" she grabs a few quarters from her pocket.
"i don't know."
"do you not care that he's hurt?"
"emma, obviously i do. i'm not some heartless monster." she doesn't respond.
"aren't you supposed to be on you're flight to arizona."
"i'm not going anymore. this is more important." she types in the code for oreo's. she puts in the quarters and grabs the pack. "what do you want?"
"doritos, I guess." i said.
she types in the code and puts in the quarters. she tosses the bag of chips to me. "good catch dumbass." she smiles jokingly.

Emma's POV

7:37 pm

it's been almost five hours since ethan and i arrived at the hospital. i was tired as fuck, despite the fact i pull all nighters four times a week.

doctors kept rushing in and talking to the nurse in the room. grayson appeared to already got stitches for his hand.

ethan and gray haven't spoke much to each other, it's like ethan was there because i was. it pissed me off. they don't have that bond they used to have anymore.

bryant and ethan went out to get some dinner for themselves. i wasn't hungry and my stomach had been hurting for some time. but with them gone, i could talk to grayson. alone.

"i love you gray." i say. i close my eyes for a few seconds.
he looked over at me and smiled.
"love you too..." he mumbled. he didn't have much energy or life in him. he appeared to be exhausted.

"how did this happen?" he stops looking at his hand.
"i—i hit my hand.." he started.
i motioned him on to continue. "i'm sorry."
"why?" i ask.

the nurse walks in again. "we're ready to perform the surgery." grayson gets up off the bed and starts to walk with the nurse. i run up to him and give him a hug before he walked out of the door.

based on his expression, he seemed confused that i hugged him, but i didn't mind. he was definitely hiding something from me. i wanted him to know that i cared about him.

ethan and bryant came back into the room. "where is he?" bryant asks.

"doing the surgery thing."i said. bryant nodded. ethan takes the seat next to mine. he starts to slide his hand into mine, i nudge him with my shoulder, signaling that bryant was still in the room. he remembers and let's go of my hand.

i check the time on my phone: 8:58 pm. bryant had also checked the time on his phone. "i got to go home guys. tell gray i hope he feels better."

"ok bye bro." ethan says.
"bye mr. king." i say, bryant smiles and waves back at us.

"ethan you almost ruined it all"
"it's not my fault you're so perfect.."
he looks me in the eye, and i look at him back, shaking my head.

"stop ethan!" i lay my head on his shoulder. i was tired for some odd reason.
"how could he have broken two fing—"
"i don't know, did you ask?" he looked down at me.
"yes but all he said was that he hit his hand...and that he was 'sorry'?" i pause and stare down at my shoes. "what did i do wrong?"
"this isn't your fault." ethan starts playing with his fingers. "it's not you're fault e." he looks down at me again. "it's my fault."
"huh?" i answer, confused. i get up off of his shoulder and give him a confused look. he doesn't look at me.
"well i don't know how it happened, but it definitely had to do with me."
"how do you know that?"
"bryant told me a little about what happened. he was with him yesterday and today. he said when he came to check up on him in the bathroom, there was glass shattered and he wasn't speaking, just looking at his hand or something.." he shrugs.