The Chief of the Gerudo

ابدأ من البداية

"He must be a close friend," the Gerudo commented.

"No," Revali replied tightly. He wasn't in the mood to listen as someone else tried to piece together his relationships. "He's a rival and I can't surpass him if he's dead."

"So, a best friend then?"

"Were you listening to a word I just said?"

"Yep. You sound like one of those people who doesn't want everyone to know that you care."

"I am not," he sniffed.

"That's what they all say."

"I am not- "

"Then why spend so much time worrying over him?"

"Like I said, he's a rival."

"Oh, I believe that, but most people don't worry by their rival's bedside."

Revali glared at her before stalking to the other side of the room.

"Sensitive, are we?"

"Will you be quiet!?" he snapped.

"Oh, but you're so much fun," she replied. "I've been so bored these past few" she trailed off as she tried to remember how long she had been imprisoned.

As annoyed as he was with her, he had to admit that it was good that she was there. If he had it his way, he would have used the bomb rune on the Slate to blast his way out of the cell. Considering the noise that would have generated, it was unlikely he would have lasted long. In fact, he likely wouldn't have had any supplies to begin with.

"So, how did you get captured?" he finally asked as he folded his wings.

" I don't want to talk about it," she muttered.

Revali narrowed his eyes as a smirk stretched across his face. "Feeling sensitive, are we?"

"Oh, I hate you."

His smirk didn't falter. He had spent enough time around the Gerudo Champion to know when he was broaching something of a sore subject. He considered pressing further; however, he also didn't like the idea of alienating her, so he let it go.

He tried to occupy himself with various thoughts, but eventually, he gave into his restlessness and began pacing back and forth across the small cell.

"You don't do well with waiting."

"No," he grumbled.

"Well, luckily for you, they bring in shipments often."

"Fantastic," he replied caustically. It didn't matter how often they brought in their favorite delicacy because they weren't currently doing so. He hated sitting around and waiting when there were other things that needed to be done.

"Well, if all else fails, my sisters should be here soon."

"What?" he asked as he stopped and rounded on her.

"I was sent ahead to scout out possible hideouts," she replied as though that were the most obvious thing. Unfortunately for her, there were several things that weren't explained.

"Why?"

"They stole a relic from the chieftain, one that we need for the Divine Beast, I'm assuming you know –"

"Yes," he interrupted impatiently.

"Right. Well, we need to recover the relic to help us drive away the Divine Beast."

"And how do they know where we are?"

"They don't know exactly," Barta sighed. "Teake, our Captain, sectioned off potential locations. It's only a matter of time before they come looking themselves."