Chapter 1•Present Day

Present

"Come on Mack it's our first day of sixth form, we can't be late." That's the first thing Brad said to me as he swung my bedroom door open and saw me still hiding under my covers.

"But I don't want to." I whined, it's not that I don't care about school... I just really don't want to go. "I'll be coming back up here and dragging you out of that bed myself if your not downstairs in the next 15 minutes."

After Brad had closed my door I decided to actually get dressed. Seeing as I had a shower the night before and I still feel clean I'm just going to brush my teeth and hair and get dressed. I don't bother putting any makeup on as I really don't own any. It's just not me.

I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen to see my mum and siblings sat at the table with Brad eating breakfast. I quickly grab a slice of toast that was left for me before motioning Brad out the door.

As Brad and I are walking to school we just talk about lots of random things. It's never boring with me and Brad as we always find something to say, we've always had a type of bond where everyday with them is an adventure.

*Time Skip*

We are now sat in first lesson, maths and luckily I'm sat with Brad and his other friends because I have literally no other friends. Ever since the first day of school I haven't been able to make friends, girls just walked past me and glared or didn't even spare me a glance and boys just completely ignored me. Sometimes I think it's because I'm too weird or something but then I realised that it might be because of Brad, girls glared at me because I had Brad as my best friend and we were so close but with boys I feel like it's because of my looks.

I noticed that James is sitting next to me and wasn't really in the conversation right now so I decided to ask him " James?" I whispered to him, "Yes Mack?" He replied to me, "Why doesn't anyone want to be friends with me?" I questioned.

This was a genuine question I had because over the years I had noticed that I've had the same friends my entire life even though I've tried to make more friends before.

"What do you mean? We're your friends." I really don't think he knows what I'm talking about. "Yes James I know that, but why doesn't anyone else. Like I've tried so hard but everyone avoids me" I was getting quite upset now but I have no idea why because it doesn't bother me too much, I'm just curious.

"Oh, well you see-"
"What are you two talking about?" Brad had interrupted. I want sure if I should tell Brad what I was asking James but I did anyway, "I was just asking why no one likes me." Brad had a look of serious confusion but before he could say anything I explained what I really meant "Like why doesn't anyone else want to be friends with me, all my friends are you friends Brad- don't get me wrong I love them all to pieces I was just wondering"

Brad gave me a sympathetic look but I want really sure why. Just as I was about to ask him what that look was for the bell rang for next lesson.

————————————————————————
Hello everyone, I'm so sorry I haven't posted in 6 months :( I don't really have an excuse apart from that I have my GCSE's this year which start in 2 weeks that I need to revise for.
Maddie xx