Introduction

Okay, here it is. After banging away on this story for the past ten years, it's finally done (mostly). This story was my answer to the question of how J.K. Rowling might go about starting up a new series in her wizardring world. (Okay, so Fantastic Beasts might be another way to go about it, but ten years ago that franchise didn't exist. It's tough being a slow writer.)

Anyway, I've done my best to match the style and voice of the original Harry Potter books, in part because fan fiction doesn't feel as real to me if the story doesn't sound as if the original author wrote it. I've also attempted to stay within the Harry Potter canon (the books, not necessarily the movies) so let me know if I've screwed up some detail. 

The story takes place sometime in the future, just far enough that I don't stomp over any of Rowling's established facts. There are a couple of instances within the story where I expand upon the canon (such as the method used to choose the Hogwarts headmaster), but I don't think what I added conflicts with what's already known, and in my opinion, the choices I made strike me as being exactly the way they'd do things in the wacky world of wizards. Your opinion may differ. Feel free to comment.

I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did writing it. My plan is to upload a new chapter every Friday. I'll also be leaving links to posts on my blog discussing what I learned about writing Hogwarts fan fiction over the last ten years.

By the way, the cover design was done by  Consuelo Parra at   http://www.facebook.com/C.PBookCoverdesigns