Chapter 13: The Showdown

Start from the beginning

Carol and Nenora took some time to breath, especially after the battle that was happening outside. Carol could make out what was happening outside. Ships were being blown with ease by the Skrulls. They knew where and when to shoot.

"These are some elite Skrulls." Carol complimented the enemy.

"Of course." Nenora said and sighed, "This is their best space station. The elite must all live here."

"Note taken." Carol smiled and walked towards the door. It was damaged from the gravity sucking some of its parts.

She punched it with force and the door fell down. Multiple guards appeared around the hall but Nenora and Carol took them down with ease. Nenora was shooting behind Carol who was beating the guards with her bare fists.

An enemy with a large blaster shot Carol in the chest. She grabbed it before it could hit and she threw it back, causing a explosion between energy and the blaster.

"You really mastered energy, haven't you?" Nenora chuckled, reloading her weapon.

"It's a skill that I learned from Mar-Vell." Carol said, "He's a good teacher, actually."

"I wish I could have his powers. We would be bad ass when we go out taking names."

"Now that is what I'm sure. You and I are total ass-kickers." Carol smirked and started walking to the control room. "Ronan, status report?"

"We are clearing out house." Ronan laughed, as an explosion could be heard on his end, "We'll be in there shortly."

"Great to hear."

Meanwhile, Mar-Vell was helping out some troopers who were getting shot by Skrull ships from behind. There were a lot of ships who were defending on the strong side of the station. But the weak side had almost no ships there. He stood his ground and waited for something to happen.

"Korath. Ronan. What's your status on the destroyed ships?" Mar-Vell asked, looking around.

"We are mainly kicking ass and taking names. But we still have a lot of ships on this side, why won't you help us?" Korath asked.

"Actually, I think you might want to help on this side."

Carol and Nenora reached the control room after taking waves and waves of guards through the hallways. Nenora grabbed her sword out after she ran out of ammo for her weapon.

"Can we get someone to heat signature my room?" Carol asked someone on the comms.

"I'm on it." Mar-Vell answered. There was a string of silence, "He is still in the room. We have eyes on him."

"Is it possible that you can shoot him from there?"

"Don't have a clear shot. Windows are too powerful."

"Alright." Carol called off with Mar-Vell and looked at Nenora, "We have to breach in ourselves. Ready?"

"Of course."

Carol punched the door with the spare energy that was left in her hands. Carol and Nenora aimed their weapons at Kl'rt, who was standing on front of the room, looking into the stars. The workers were scared that they were there but Kl'rt told them to go away.

"Super-Skrull, great to see you in person." Carol sarcastically said, catching her breath for a moment.

"Great to see you in person too, Ms. Danvers." Kl'rt said.

"How do you know my... we haven't met before, right?"

"I know you well enough that you were planning for this attack." Kl'rt smiled, as the fleet of ships suddenly appeared, defending the weak side of the space station.

Mar-Vell and his group had to move towards Ronan and Korath, who were already getting pummelled by the ships on the strong side.

"You were spying on me, weren't you?" Carol grabbed energy from the control mechanisms, "That doesn't matter now, because you'll pay."

"That's why there's always a Plan B." Kl'rt smiled.

Suddenly Carol could feel a sword touch her neck. Nenora was about to slice her throat if she moved further. Carol's energy spheres disappeared.

"You've got to be kidding." Carol annoyingly said.