"I've been looking all over for you!" she screeched like a harpy, racing to the table. A miracle she didn't stumble face down to the floor.

"I really, really don't know what's happening to all of my dear friends. They're all avoiding me like Ebola plague." She pouted, dumping herself into the chair next to mine.

"You aren't a bullet kechi," I said to her, almost rolling my eyes in the process.

She shrugged. "Oh, don't mind me. As usual I'm here to grab some free food." She winked, freaking winked at my snack and drink.

I had to pressure my eyes to not roll it up again. Do you ever buy some for yourself? I wanted to question her, but since I knew the answer, I kept mute about that.

Her eyes lit up when she saw Daniel who'd been staring in amusement at our exchange. You could clearly see assorted cupcakes flashing in her eyes. Something that occurs whenever she sees a reliable food buyer.

"You didn't tell me you've got yourself a prince charming," she voiced from the corner of her mouth. I wondered how she accomplished that without opening her mouth completely.

Nevertheless, it was audible enough for Daniel to have heard.

He chuckled.

I glared at her. "You'd better behave."

She smiled, turning her attention to him, ignoring my warning. "Hi, my name is kechi. From__"

"Kechi!" I snapped at her

"From where, please?" Daniel chirped amusedly.

"Abia state. And you?" Her grin broadened.

"Lagos. Daniel." He offered his hand, Kechi gladly took it.

"I hope to tour in Lagos city any time soon. Nice name by the way." She winked at me, a gesture that comes in handy with her. "Um... do you like my hair?"

OMG! Shoot me already!

Daniel looked confused for a moment before he politely smiled up at her blonde wig. "Nice," he complimented. From the corner of his eyes, shoot me a look of: your-friend-is-interesting.

But I interpreted it as this-friend-of-yours-is-losing-some-nuts-in-the-head,
to satisfy my annoyance at her.

"When did the two of you strike up a relationship? Can you tell me your love story?"

"It's love at first sight," Daniel replied holding back laughter.

"I'm going to so fucking stab you with my pen!" I glared at her, daring her to ask one more stupid question

Kechi giggled. "You will let her do that?"

"I shall sacrifice myself on your behalf if she means her threat," Daniel said, looking over at me.

My heart fluttered.

"How about I get more snacks and drinks?"

"No!"

"Yes!"

I glared at her.

She glared right back. "Yes, please."

Daniel excused himself. The moment he was out of earshot, I grabbed her hand, dragged her closer to me. Suppressing the urge to bite off her ear, I harshly whispered. "Do you have to act like a starving refugee!" I gritted my teeth.

To my astonishment, she gritted back. Virtually snarling. "Non of your fucking business. Don't be selfish. You seem not to have a good heart to share yours, quit trying to be a standing block to another person who is generous enough to buy some for me. Do you think I don't know that you've been dodging me."

"Think all you want. He is my friend, not yours. Get yourself a friend you'd want to milk dry. If you try to..."

"What's going on?"

I let go of her immediately smiling awkwardly up at him. "She had a panic attack, so I'm holding her to stop her from falling off her chair."

Kechi's eyes widened. "Pa__"

I stamped her foot with my sneakers under the table.

"Ouch!"

"Are you okay?"

"Isabella__"

I soused on it again. Grinned at her. "You were saying?"

"Y-yes..." Her face turned red. "I have to go now. I will eat that at home. Received a call about my dog... um... sister."

"Is she okay?"

"I have no idea. See you next time." Collecting her soda and meat-pie, she hurried off glaring once at me.

"I'll love to know more about your friend," Daniel said when he sat down.

An unfamiliar emotion squeezed my heart. It couldn't be what I suspect Or else I'd strangle myself for letting that happen.

I shot him a look. "Nothing interesting."

He arched a brow. "But I find her more than interesting."

Holding back no more, I snorted.

He dropped a can of drink on the table. "I told you I don't need more."

"Mine," he replied simply.

I didn't know why that single phrase lashed two things at me: longing and embarrassment.

I bent my face to hide the heat that rose to my cheeks.

"But I got this for you."

I looked at him, Smiled at the vanilla ice cream he dropped in front of me. "How did you know I love vanilla flavour?"

"I didn't. Lucky to have guessed right."

"Thank you, but no thank you. I won't accept anymore ice cream from you next time," I said as I attacked it.

"Well, we'll see about that."
--------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be updated in two days.