Chapter Twenty One: Our Escape

Mulai dari awal

"Oh, thank you," I giggle and take the toothbrush, taking it out of it's package and squeezing the toothpaste on it.

He grabs his toothbrush that was placed on the counter. "So do you have any plans for the day? Or did you just come here for me?" He smirks, bumping his side into mine.

I wash my mouth out and laugh, "No, I actually had some interviews to do here. What about you? Are you doing anything before you go home tonight?" I grab the black hair tie from my wrist and tie my messy hair in a bun.

He washes out his mouth and shakes his head, "Yeah, I was planning on heading out with the boys one last time but you're here now and-"

I shake my head, "Oh no—go be with your boys, we can always see each other some other time. I mean, we haven't gotten any calls from Management..." I smirk, holding up my phone. It made me nervous, my stomach churns every time I hear my phone beep. But it's almost noon and we both haven't gotten anything from anyone. Maybe this time will be different. Maybe we can finally be together without being pulled back.

I walk out of the bathroom and sit at the edge of the bed, messaging one of the girls if they could pick me up.

"I'm going to call Niall. I'll be right outside, okay?" He tells me. I nod, and look down at my phone as it starts buzzing. It is Ashley.

"Hey," I answer. "I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you guys that I wouldn't come back to the hotel last night. It was all kind of a spur in the moment."

"It's fine, we pretty much got what was going on once the pictures were all over Twitter of you getting in a car with Harry," She chuckles.  "So how was it? Are you guys back together? Did anything happen?" I could hear the smirk in her words, making me blush.

"I don't know," I taunt. "I will tell you when you pick me up?"

"Okay," she sighs. "I'll be there soon. Text me the address, will you? I don't know my way around here very well..."

"Yeah, I will. Oh and can you bring me some clothes from my bag? I only have my dress from last night with me."

"Got it, see you soon."

Harry comes back in as soon as she hangs up. He looks so comfy in just a black hoodie and gray sweatpants, his long hair tied into a bun. He gives me a smile and walks over to me, standing between my legs as I stay seated on the bed. He takes his fingers and ran them through the baby hairs sticking out of my messy bun, making my eyelids flutter close at the soothing feeling.

"I know I already said this, but I really missed you," He whispers. "I missed your touch...your voice..." I open my eyes to see him looking deeply at me, a look of vulnerability on his face. The soft smile that he had just a few minutes ago is gone, instead plastered with a small frown. I place my hand on top of his.

"Hey..." I whisper, pulling him to sit on the bed next to me. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," He chuckles. "Absolutely nothing. Everything is right for once. You're here, I'm here. We're here together and it's all...good. For once. I'm just scared that we're going to lose it again. We're going to lose this again," He confesses. I purse my lips.

"I know. I'm scared too. But I don't know, we can't do anything about it. All we can do is just kind of...live like the fear isn't there." My heart broke seeing him in this state—so scared and hurt. Especially when he usually portrays himself so positively to the world. I pull him into a hug, smiling as he nuzzles his face into my neck.