Chapter Four: Unsure feelings

𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆. 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓, 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅?

Selena's POV

"I just released Stars Dance about a year ago and now I'm almost about to release For You and now I'm working on another album." I smile as I look at the track-list for it. So far there's only three songs on there but it'll grow. Like I said, I don't plan on releasing it for a while. I wanted to work extra hard on this album for my fans and for myself.

Everyone in the room frowns.

"You should rest," Mom shrugs.

"I'm fine," I shake my head. "This is what I want to do. I love doing this—making music. It can get a little tiring but...I don't care, I love doing what I do."

"But you are working on a album that you're not going to release until a year later and you've been working on a ton of other stuff lately," Sarah speaks, her voice edging with concern.

"I said I'm fine," I laugh and go back to help write some of my songs. I want to have a lot of my songs for this album to have a piece of me, I decided to write a lot more. It tells the story of me more when I do it.

Next time I look up, everyone is packing to leave...what? Oh...that was fast. I grab my bag and put my sunglasses on since there were a lot of paparazzi outside.

"See you tomorrow," Michael, one of the many people who are helping with my album, says.

I stop and furrow my eyebrows, "What?" I don't know if I'm busy tomorrow or not.

"Yeah. Be there or be square!" He jokes.

I chuckle and roll my eyes, "Okay."

I cling onto my mom as we leave the studio, barely being able to see a thing. The flashes are horrible and everyone is crowding me, I try my best to keep my head down and not trip, all the while trying to smile for the camera phones that are being shoved in my face...

My mom guides me in the car, making me sigh in relief. The comments that were yelled to me by the paparazzi were usual...mostly about Justin. Some were even about Harry, since there were pictures snapped of him coming over to my house last week.

One comment in particular makes all the color drain from my face as I hear it but I pretend to have no reaction to it at all.

"Are you gaining weight because of your breakup Justin?"

I purse my lips in a thin line and swallow down the urge to react. Tears brim, but I refuse to let them free. I don't need another story being made about me on the headlines...I knew I was gaining weight of course but I didn't really care? I've always been confident with myself and my body...I don't know why that comment is getting me to me now.

"You alright?" Mom asks me.

I nod without saying anything.

-

"That really pisses off," Taylor practically growls, anger clear in her eyes after I told her my experience with paparazzi today and what one of them had said. I had expected her to already know about it since there was people tweeting about the encounter, there was even a video of them saying it.