"Alright, you have yourself a deal." She decided and stuck out her hand to shake on it. Draco stood up, grabbed her hand, and pulled her closer. She squealed again.

"You'll be mine in no time little Ravenclaw." he smirked. Dropping her hand, he picked up his bag and sauntered out of the room. Flustered, Y/N followed him out into the hallway.

A few weeks had passed and Draco had kept up his antics. He flirted with Y/N whenever he could. She liked to brush it off, but she couldn't ignore the fact that Draco was being nicer to people. He'd notice her paying attention and he'd purposefully do something nice. If someone needed extra ink or parchment, Draco was always the one to offer. He had stopped making fun of people and to Y/N's knowledge seemed to be holding up his end of their bet.

Until one day - after Draco had relentlessly flirted with her throughout the entire Potions test and she had let his arm touch hers and his fingers travel down the small of her back - did she see that Draco wasn't holding up his end of the bet. They had made their way into the hallway. Y/N was walking slowly behind the big group of students heading who knows where when she saw Draco shoving his way through the crowd. She picked up her speed until she was a safe distance behind the boy. A small first year Gryffindor had accidentally bumped into the tall boy and he grabbed the boy by the collar of his robes.

"Watch where you're going, Mudblood! Why can't you lot just keep to yourselves? I'm so sick of bumping into you with every corner I turn." Draco shouted at the child. Y/N gasped as a circle started to form around the two. A pair of blue eyes met her E/C ones. Draco's hand dropped the first year's robes and his mouth formed an "o" shape.

"Y/N, I- I- I didn't mean it. I was just upset because of the test week took I-" he stuttered. She ignored his out of character stuttering.

"Save it, Malfoy. I knew you couldn't change! Don't ever talk to me again. The bet is off." she interrupted and pushed her way through the gawking crowd. Draco watched as she walked away from him and out of his life. How did he always mess up everything good in his life?

Two months had passed and Draco's attempted flirtations had stopped. At first, he'd tried to keep it up, but she pushed him away every time he tried. Y/N was currently making her way down a hallway and towards the library. There were two people blocking her path and a third leaning against the wall.

She sucked in a breath as she saw the tall blond boy. It was the first time she'd looked at him in weeks. He was paler than usual and his eyes were downcast. His hair stuck up in a few places. His arms were crossed and his lanky figure was leaning on the wall with one foot raised and pressed against the wall. Crabbe and Goyle were in a sumo wrestling position in the middle of the hallway. Her feet came to a stop and she hugged her books to her chest. Turning around, she was determined to find a different way to her favorite spot. Crabbe and Goyle had different plans.

"Hey Y/L/N, where are you going?" Crabbe shouted after her. Draco's head snapped in her direction. She turned around and glanced at him before setting her sights on the hallway in front of her. She'd just go to the library this way. They already saw her and avoiding them seemed stupid now.

"I'm going to the library to get smarter. You should try it sometime." she replied making her way past them. Before she could safely cross, a hand came out and knocked the books from her hand.

"Can't get smart without your books, now can you?" Goyle laughed as he kicked one down the stone hallway. Crabbe snickered and kicked two more in the opposite direction. Y/N sighed, annoyed by their boyish actions.

"Leave her alone, you bloody idiots! She's smarter than the two of you combined. Now go find food to stuff your faces with and don't bother coming back!" Draco barked. The two boys jumped at the loud voice. Their eyes widened and they backed off down the hallway.

"If you think that defending me is going to make me forgive you, then you're wrong. You don't have to defend me, I'm fine all by myself, thanks." Y/N replied. She bent over to pick up her books while Draco made his way to retrieve the one Crabbe had kicked earlier.

"It was one time, Y/N. I slipped up. I was having a bad day." Draco tried explaining. Y/N paused in her walk down the opposite end of the hallway.

"So who's to say that you wouldn't snap like that if I dated you?" she asked, picking up the book that Goyle had kicked earlier.

"Because I'm so bloody into you I can't see straight! That's not a reason, but these months without talking to you or touching you have killed me. You keep me sane, Y/N! Don't you understand?" he yelled and she jumped. The hallway was void of anyone but the two teenagers. The two stared at each other without a word for awhile. Finally, Draco crossed the distance between them. He handed over her books and she put them all in her bag - a lesson she wouldn't have to be taught again.

His hands slowly reached out towards hers. She let him intertwine their fingers. She looked around the hallway before settling her gaze on his face.

"Are you sure you can't forgive me? I promise I'll be better... and you can punish me if I start being mean to people again." he winked and she laughed.

"How about we give it a try? If it doesn't work, it doesn't work." she suggested and his eyes lit up. He grinned.

"Are you being serious?"

"Yes, I'm being serious. Now kiss me, you git." Draco grabbed Y/N's face with his hands and their lips met. Y/N felt sparks she didn't think she would feel. She hoped she had made the right choice. Draco was glad that he had been so persistent. If he hadn't taken a chance, where would they be now? Pulling away, Draco spoke.

"By the way, I think I win the bet."