Chapter 1: Birthday Mirrors

I'm Millie Malfoy. My full name is Millicent Narcissa Malfoy. My family has kept me a secret because they think I am a squib. I very well may be, but I don't think I am. I have been studying and reading as many books on wizarding and magic as I can find. My brother goes to Hogwarts and my parents work a lot. My father keeps me in the basement when they are home but, they aren't home often. My father put a spell on the house, the ministry can't sense underage magic. Not that it didn't matters with them thinking I'm a squib. I don't think I'm a squib. If I focus I can sometimes do spells and hexes. I'm 15 today. Not that much matters. I walk into my mothers room and stand in front of her mirror. I glanced at my reflection. I barely looked in the mirror, but every day on my birthday I do. I have long blonde hair that matches the rest of my family, in loose curls it hangs down to my waist. My blue-green eyes stared from behind my long lashes. I smiled. Then the doorbell rang. My family was back from picking up my brother from school. I bolted down the steps smoothed out my skirt and opened the door.

"Millie, Happy Birthday," my mom hugged me slightly and rushed past.

My father was talking to my brother about something.

"Hi Draco," I smile, fidgeting with my fingers slightly.

He ignores me as normal.My owl, Magic, landed on my shoulder almost weightlessly. I stared at my feet. I followed my mom into the kitchen.

"Hey Mother?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She turned to face me.

"I was wondering since it's my birthday...I was wondering if I could buy a copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I could clean around the house to pay for it," I spoke quietly.

"I noticed you looking at your brothers. Here," she handed me the book.

"Oh mom. Thank you!" I hugged her.

"It's your birthday," she nodded taking a drink of her tea.

I nodded smiling. I walked towards the basement and there my brother was, waiting.