~Don't Forget Your First Love~

Start from the beginning

"Cassie are you okay?" Zoe ask as I break my stare to immediately clean up the mess I made.

"Sorry I must of surprised her..." Carter says smugly I bet and I scoff. I managed to get all the glass up frantically.

Throwing away the glass I stupidly manage to cut myself wincing at the pain as I inspect my finger.

"Ooh now Sweet Pea...I always told you to be careful with sharp objects...Didn't I?" Carter says as he wipes the blood off my finger kissing it before running it under cool water.

His touch still electrifies my body even when I don't want it too. I can't believe I am staring at my ex-husband after so long. He still managed to track me down after all this time. See this is what I was afraid of.

"Sweet Pea? You know my nanny?" Michael says and that breaks me from his trance and nudge him away.

"Obviously he does Michael..." Zoe says swatting his head making me chuckle at them.

"You're laugh is still the cutest laugh I ever heard..." Carter says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah must not had been cuter than the woman I caught you fucking on me with. While I was suppose to be at work go figure?" I say as I grab a band-aid and some neosporin.

"Come on Sweet Pea I said I was sorry. I didn't mean for you to find out that way. And you never gave me a chance to explain what happened. You just left Minnesota and then months later I get divorce papers mailed to me by a stranger...." Carter says and I roll my eyes. I am not doing this with him now.

"Zoe and Michael this is my dumb ass ex-husband Carter...Now if you'll excuse me..." I say as Carter grab my arm and I flinch as a reflex.

"Sweet Pea are you okay? I think we should go out for lunch or something like that to talk. I hated how our marriage ended and to be honest I miss you and your friendship..." He says with that cocky smile that usually charms women.

But in his eyes I know there's a more sinister being within him. Being with him for ten years I know his body language all to well. He wanted to try and talk me back to being with him in that hell hole he called a marriage.

"Uh Carter I think you should either finished up your business with my husband in his office or leave. I need Cassie's help with the children right now..." Zoe says and I fear she senses what I do too. I was very much still afraid of my ex-husband and he saw that too.

"Oh Mrs. Jackson I think we are done for now. I'll be leaving it was good seeing you again Sweet Pea and you have my number it's still the same. Please hit me up so we can talk about things okay....I still have love for you Sweet Pea..." Carter says as he turns on his way out and once he is out of my sight I breathe normal again.

"Cassie what is that about?" Zoe ask once we went upstairs into her room away from wandering ears and so we could talk without Michael feeling like he needs to stop work.

"What was what about?" I ask Zoe as my phone start ringing and I chose to ignore it.

"You and Carter? I know he is your ex-husband but he seem to think things are not done between you two and you seemed scared...or at least confused...." Zoe says as she sits on the bed rubbing her ever growing belly. She soon gives birth in a few weeks.

"He's just bad news and I rather not be around him anymore..." I say sighing as I silently pray that Carter don't start any problems while he is here.

"Okay but I think the only way you can fully move on and be done with him is if you talk to him and get that closure. I saw how you looked at him and how he looked at you when he kissed your cut. At how when he touched you it seem like you looked to be in a trance. I think you need him out of your system if you want to continue with Prince okay? Or this thing is only going to get in your way of moving on..." Zoe says and I sighed.