Eating A Plum// Hyunchan

Beginne am Anfang

But obviously, fate was against him because when Hyunjin went back inside and watched another episode of golden girls, quiet knocks came at the door and Hyunjin began to puff out his chest with pride so he could tell Chan to his face that he was ready to end this. "Listen, Chan, I'm not sure this is going to work anymore and -" Hyunjin's voice faded out into nothing, his sentence he started at the start of his walk from the couch to the door and every thought that was in his head flew out the window when the black, sleek slab of wood swung open revealing Bang Chan. The sight of him sucked the breath out of Hyunjin's lungs. He's seen Chan in muscle tees many times, even when he's working out and his biceps are at their biggest, but he still never got used to the hoodie muscle tank combination, the ripped pants, and the lace-up boots. It'd be a bit more bearable if Chan didn't have lip piercings and an eyebrow piercing.

"Hey, tulip," Chan murmured out, voice warm and as soft as the expensive pajamas Hyunjin was wearing. Hyunjin's breath hitched again, his body reacting before his mind and with a sudden jolt Chan was being dragged in by the collar and the door slammed behind him. His warm laugh rang out, only softening when Hyunjin proceeded to pull him into an equally as aggressive bear hug. "Did you miss me?" Chan hushed into Hyunjin's shoulder, and the younger had to resist shoving him. What kind of question was that? Of course, he did. Hyunjin wasn't allowed to talk to him or see him for five months, wasn't even allowed to meet him at the airport because of the press, and had to hide every feeling in his chest from the elder because he was terrified of possibly ruining everything they have.

Yeah. Hyunjin was pretty fucking bitter, but god did he miss Chan.

Everything Sweet In-Between

"What kind of question is that?" Hyunjin pouted, burying his face into Chan's neck as he tried his best to ignore the very obvious flower tattoo creeping out of the collar of Chan's shirt and trailing up his neck. Chan laughed so sweetly Hyunjin was sure he was going to have a sugar high and gripped his hood so tight he was scared his fingertips would go raw. Though he wished he was more discrete, it was pretty obvious Chan noticed the sudden desperate cling Hyunjin had to him but he didn't make any movement appearing as if he were backing away from Hyunjin. In fact, he pressed his body further up against Hyunjin, legs staggered between the younger's and his arms slithering around Hyunjin's torso in a way that provided Hyunjin more security and warmth. They just... stood there for a while and held each other, but Hyunjin quickly realized that Chan must be exhausted. "Shit, sorry, you must be exhausted. Go sit."

Chan didn't argue, only waltzing over to the couch and loosening his laces so he could slip his boots off. "I'm sorry I couldn't come earlier. I was in meetings all day," Chan spoke up from where he was sat on the couch, leaning back into the soft cushion and just letting his exhausted muscles relax for a moment. Hyunjin made a noise of disbelief from his place in the kitchen.

"They had you in meetings all day? The day you came back from a world tour?" Hyunjin inquired in worry as he lowered himself down on the couch gracefully beside Chan, legs folded underneath him as he handed Chan a glass of bourbon that he kept around just for Chan because, frankly, Hyunjin hated bourbon. Chan sighed and nodded, not saying anything for a moment before, and after he took a gulp of the liquid in the crystal glass now rested on his chest. Chan's eyes fluttered closed, aching a bit from the movement but finally sighing in relief now that they could rest. Hyunjin felt like cooing at the sight, resisting the urge to swoop down and plant two kisses on the elder's eyelids.

"It's apart of the job, dandelion," Chan's voice had a slight whistle to it, sharp but breathy. It was hard to explain but it showed just how exhausted he was. Chan finished the glass of bourbon without opening his eyes again and blindly placing it somewhere on the table but flinched to attention when he heard it nearly fall back onto the glass surface because he placed it on the edge of one of Hyunjin's many, many books he had scattered about. Hyunjin couldn't help but giggle at that, nearly choking on his wine when Chan stumbled up for a moment. Chan's shoulders slumped once he realized his embarrassment and he fell back into the couch with a huff and in a much sloppier position than he had been in before. Hyunjin reached up to curl his slim fingers in Chan's hair to soothingly rub it back and if Hyunjin didn't know any better, he'd say Chan was very much purring like a cat.