Happy Birthday, Mineta!

Minoru Mineta woke up from his dreamless sleep from his alarm clock blaring from the table next to his bed.  He turned off the alarm and got up from his warm bed. 

He yawned as he stretched and went into the bathroom to do his morning routine which consisted of brushing his teeth, putting on deoderent,  combing his hair, then finally, putting on his clothes for the day. 

He sighed as he got his backpack and left his dorm room and locked it behind him.  

He went towards where his homeroom, Class 1-A, was.  He sighed as he went inside the classroom and sat down at his assigned seat.

   He was early, so he decided to study up on something they where being leatured on.   He looked at the notes he took and saw on his planner, it was his birthday.  

He almost forgot that his birthday was today, mostly because he didn't really celebrate it. His family didn't celebrate it either, it just reminded them of their pathetic excuse of a son. 

He held back tears and clutched the desk as he remembered what his drunken father yelled at him: "You have a useless quirk. You'll never make it up to the big leagues.   Your pathetic. Your worthless."   Mineta's bottom lip trembled.  

"Mineta? Mineta." Someone was calling to him, as he finally came back to reality.   "Hey! It looked like you where lost in thought. You ok? You're trembling..." Iida said to Mineta as Mineta gave him a shaky smile.   

"I'm fine! No worries!" He gave the class rep a thumbs up.   "I see." Iida said, adjusting his glasses. "Well then, I'll leave you to your studies."  He gave Mineta a smile as he sat at his assigned seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiwaza looked at the attendance sheet as he listed off students names and checked their names off if they where present.  

He saw that right next to their names, it was their birthdates as well, as he reached to Mineta's he saw that today was his birthday. 

"Minoru Mineta."    Aiwaza called out and saw the purple - haired boy raise his hand.   

"Here." He spoke in a monotone voice.  Aiwaza decided not to say happy birthday in front of all the students.    

He continued down the list until he was finished.   "All of you are present. Good.  Time for class." He spoke in a sleepy voice, as he started the lecture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mineta sighed as he got out of the classroom. It was lunch time and he was hungry.   He went over to the cafeteria and got his beef bowl ramen and some sushi.   He went over and sat down with his two best friends, Kaminari and Sero as he began eating. 

"Heyy man! Happy birthday!" Kaminari excitedly said with a big grin on his face.    "Yeah, happy birthday! Sero grinned as well. 

"Thanks, you guys..." Mineta said, a tiny smile was on his lips.  Sero and Kaminari where his best friends.  "Oh! That reminds me!" Kaminari said, reaching in his bag to get something. 

"Kaminari, please-" Mineta said, knowing exactly was Kaminari was getting. 

"Tada! Here! I got you something cool!" Kaminari gave him a present, wrapped in purple wrapping paper. 

"T-thank you, Kaminari, but you really didn't have to do this...-" Mineta said, tearing up a bit, before looking into Kaminari's intense stare.

"I wanted to do it. It's yoyr birthday, man! I wanna celebrate your day with you, bro! I promise I'll try to make it the best day ever." Kaminari put a hand on Mineta's shoulder. 

Mineta trembled, tears wanted to escape his eyes, but he held them back. "T-thank you.." He said, gratefully.  He wiped his eyes, and proceeded to open the gift.

"N-no way! It's... How the hell?!" Mineta looked up at Kaminari in excitement.  "Heh. I knew you wanted it for a while, you wouldn't shut up about it during our guy's night."
Kaminari grinned at him. 

The present that Kaminari got him was new headphones, they were purple, and they had grapes on the outside of them.   Mineta looked up at him and hugged him tight. 

"Thank you, thank you thank you!!!" Mineta grinned up at him.  "M-mineta, your... crushing... me!" Kaminari said, starting to get hurt by the tight hug.

"O-oh! Sorry!" Mineta realised him and rubbed his neck in embrassment.  He put the headphones in his bag. 

Sero laughed at Kaminari, who was coughing and recovering from the hug.

Tsuyu overheard them talking about Mineta's birthday, she also saw Kaminari give a gift to Mineta as well. 

"Guys, guys!" She whispered to the girls, who all looked at her. 

"What's up, Tsuyu?" Uraraka asked, while eating.   

"I overheard Kaminari saying happy birthday to Mineta..!" Tsuyu whispered happily to the girls.

"Oh.. I didn't know! We should surprise him..!" Uraraka smiled, forming a plan in her head. 

"Yeah. We should surprise him all as a class..." Momo suggested.  

"That sounds awesome, Yaomomo!" Mina giggled.   

"So... It's decided? We have to tell the  others about this." Tsuyu put her finger on her cheek. 

"Yes! Let's make this the best birthday for him!" Hagakure pumped up her arm. 

"Yeah!" The girls said, in quiet resolution. 

"Operation: Mineta's birthday is a go!"  Uraraka smiled, getting excited about the whole thing.