1; my knight in shining armor [ royalty au ]

a/n: for miriotogata cause we made this au together and she's super cute wig go stan

au: knight! zack x princess reader

word count: 2875

----

Isaac Foster was a feared man, known throughout the land as a brutal and ruthless knight of the royal family. He was a monster, as some liked to call him. He was deadly with and without a sword; his inhuman strength and reflexes enough to make him worthy of the title of personal knight of the [Last Name] family. The personal knight of the princess, to be exact.

Zack, as he preferred to be called, was a man without weakness—except for one, and that was Princess [Name] [Last Name].

It was like you casted some sort of spell on him. Whenever his name would leave your lips, his heart would skip a beat. Your bright smile would make him freeze, his thoughts suddenly flatlining. Your laugh brought him to his knees, absolutely enamored by such a sweet sound.

Your small mannerisms—the way you'd always seek his company, the way you'd choose to complain to him about other princes, the way you made him feel human—sent his heart to the moon and back.

Zack was never one for love, but damn did he fall hard for you.

"Zack!" Your heavenly voice called out from the bed of daisies you sat on. Zack had been keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity from underneath a nearby gazebo, while you braided daisies together.

He turned away from the bushes of alluring flowers in favor of looking at you, someone even more beautiful than the peonies and camellias blooming throughout the castle's garden. You looked absolutely gorgeous seated among the snow white daisies, you're way prettier than all the other princesses he's come across at the various balls and celebrations the King hosts.

Your [eye color] eyes never fail to shine, they rivaled the sun as the light of his life. Your sleek, [hair color] hair no longer flowed around your shoulders, instead it was tied back into a delicate bun. The sun illuminated your face just right, making you look like an ethereal angel among the flowers that surrounded your form.

Your choice of dress for the day was a simple, light gray dress. The dress clung around your arms, leaving your shoulders exposed to the cool, spring air. There was a meticulous, intricate lace covering the neckline, bodice and straps, until it eventually faded into a ankle-length skirt. There were many small flowers and jewels embroidered onto the lace, giving it a luxurious look.

It was a simple dress, yet you managed to pull it off perfectly. You truly were a princess.

"Huh?" He questioned, only for you to answer by patting the patch of daisies next to you with a hopeful smile. There you go again with your cute smiles, making Zack fall in love all over again. He grunted, knowing that he couldn't say no to your cute face.

He pushed himself off the pillar he was leaning on, and joined you at the bed of flowers. The little amount of armor he chose to wear creaked as he sat down besides you. "What's up, Princess?" He asked, watching as you fumbled with something in your hands.

You looked concentrated as you delicately weaved together white daisies to form a small chain of flowers. He watched you with an odd curiosity, only snapping out of his trance when you grabbed his bandaged wrist gently.

You wrapped the small flower bracelet around his wrist and tied the two ends together with nimble hands. "There," You declared, raising your own wrist for him to see, "now we match." On your wrist laid another flower bracelet made of daisies, just like his own.