thirteen

(Y/n)'s POV

After breakfast, Peter and I decided to go back to the tower. We walked out, hand in hand, smiling.

"So, are we, uh, a thing?" Peter asked quietly.

"I guess so," I said. This caused Peter to smile uncontrollably.

"You know, I've liked you since we were, like, ten," Peter said. That statement gave me a flashback.

"(Y/n)!" A twelve year old Peter yelled at me from the swings.

"What?" I asked.

"I have a crush on a girl," he said. I felt jealousy rise up.

"Who?" I asked.

"That's a secret, but she's beautiful. I want to marry her someday," Peter said, love in his eyes. I gave him an angry look and ran home.

"I've liked you since we were twelve," I said with a chuckle. We walked up to the tower, and Peter held the door open for me.

"Really? Damn," Peter said, laughing. We went up to my room, and I saw that my TV had been moved in and hooked up. Courtesy of Bruce.

"Wanna watch Star Wars?" I asked. Peter excitedly nodded and hopped onto my bottom bunk. I grabbed the DVD case from the shelf and put the DVD in the DVD player.

Once it started, I sat next to Peter and intertwined my hand with his. Suddenly, his phone beeped and he pulled it out, using his free hand.

"Shit. There's a mission. I'll be back soon," Peter said, kissing my cheek and running out of the room. I sighed and got up, pausing the movie.

Peter was apparently an Avenger now. That meant that I would be alone in the tower with Wanda and Pietro.

I haven't talked to Wanda in a while, so I decided to go to her room, which was right down the hall.

"Wanda?" I asked, entering the room. She wasn't there. Hm. Maybe she's out too.

I walked downstairs, to see no one. Not even Pietro was there. Weird.

I saw a piece of paper on the island, and decided to look at it. Maybe it's a note or something. I picked it up and saw a list.

New Avengers
-Peter Parker (Spiderman)
-Wanda Maximoff (Scarlet Witch)
-Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver)

Wait a hot minute. Wanda and Pietro were Avengers and I wasn't? Did they just forget about me? What the hell! I'm stronger than them and I can help the team!

I angrily stomped back up to my room and slammed the door. No one was there to hear, but I didn't care. Something fell off my shelf in the process.

I walked over to see a picture of Peter and I at homecoming our freshman year. The picture frame was slightly cracked. I sighed and placed it back on the shelf.

I just wanted to help people. I was burdened with these powers, and I wanted to use them for good. Evil wasn't for me.

I decided to go clear my head, and maybe fly around the city or something.

I grabbed my backpack and (f/color) windbreaker, and headed out. Slipping on the windbreaker, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I pulled on my backpack and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

Missed call from Peter 💓.

I ignored it and walked down the street. I got a couple texts, but I decided to ignore them. I had gotten every Avenger's number, but I only really texted Wanda (who was given a phone by Tony), Bucky, and Natasha. And Peter, of course.

I walked for a while until it started to rain, so I ran into a nearby coffee shop. I walked up to the barista and saw a familiar man.

"Stan?" I asked.

"(Y/n)! Where have you been? I haven't seen you in months?" Stan asked, adjusting his apron.

"I was, uh, really busy with school. Sorry I couldn't stop by. How come you're working here?" I asked.

"Well, I work a couple jobs. I don't have anything else to do. I'm letting my son work at the comic store. Did you know that Peter came into the store every day while you were gone? He seemed really down. Is he doing better?" Stan asked. My heart was warmed.

"Yeah, he is. Can I get an iced coffee?" I asked. Stan smiled and nodded, walking to the coffee maker.

The coffee shop was small, and there weren't many people there. Just a couple stressed out college students.

"Here you go dear. It's on me," Stan said, handing me an iced coffee. I smiled and took it.

"Thanks Stan. I'll see you around," I said, walking out. Stan waved at me as I was leaving. I pulled out my phone and saw I had a couple texts.

Bucky: wya

Peter 💓: are you alright? you seemed upset.

Peter 💓: where are you

Wanda: where are you???

Tony: kid. tower. now.

Shit. They noticed that I was gone. I wasn't supposed to leave alone. I looked around and didn't see anyone, so I decided to fly.

I flew up and quickly flew to Avengers tower. I flew up to my bedroom window and quietly opened the window, climbing in.

I closed it and walked downstairs, into the kitchen.

"Hey everyone," I said casually.

"Where the hell were you?" Steve asked.

"Woah! Language," I said, walking to the fridge. I grabbed a can of (f/soda) and walked into the living room.

"You aren't supposed to leave without one of us," Tony said.

"But why? I'm 15 years old," I said, cracking open the can.

"Your power is dangerous. You could hurt someone," Natasha said. I stood up and walked up to my room, slamming the door.

Well, if I was so dangerous they should teach me how to keep my powers contained! Plus, I know how to keep them contained. I haven't done anything bad in weeks!

I opened my window and flew to the roof to get some fresh air.

Man, living here is bad at times.