‘Of course.’ Alicia nods.

Matt walks onto the apparatus floor with Otis.

‘Halstead.’ Matt calls over to Alicia. She turns around and he motions for her to join him.

‘I’ve got to go Travis. I’ll speak to you soon.’ Alicia says to Travis. She puts her phone back in her pocket and walks over to Matt and Otis.

‘Otis, finish off the compartments.’ Matt tells Otis. He nods and does as he’s told. He then looks at Alicia. ‘I need to ask a favour.’

‘Anything you need.’ Alicia nods.

‘Let’s go somewhere more private.’ Matt states. They both walk to his quarters and Matt closes the door. ‘I want to ask Shaylynn to marry me.’

‘That’s great!’ Alicia smiles.

‘I need your help with the ring.’ Matt tells her.

‘Of course!’ Alicia smiles.

‘And don’t tell anyone else.’

.

It’s Alicia’s turn to cook lunch. She’s chopping up some vegetables when Shaylynn joins her.

‘What was Matt talking to you about earlier?’ Shaylynn questions. ‘I saw you two in his quarters.’

‘It was just about whether I wanted to get re-certified as an EMT.’ Alicia lies. ‘My certification runs out in a few months.’ Shaylynn narrows his eyes.

‘You’re hiding something.’ Shaylynn says. ‘I’m going to find out.’ She adds with a big grin on her face. ‘I doubt that.’ Alicia laughs.

‘I have my ways.’ Shaylynn winks. ‘Anyway, onto something else. Connor’s taking you out to dinner tomorrow night, right?’

‘Yeah.’ Alicia nods. ‘It’s our first, proper, official, fancy date. All our other dates have been going out for lunch or for coffee or for a walk.’

‘I’ll come round and help you get ready.’ Shaylynn tells her.

‘It’s fine.’ Alicia shakes her head. ‘I’ve been on dinner dates before.’ She adds with a little laugh.

‘Yeah but when was the last time you went for a helicopter ride over Chicago at night and then to dinner at a Michelin five-star restaurant?’ Shaylynn raises an eyebrow. ‘I’ll drop by your place at five tomorrow.’ She walks away, Alicia shakes her head as she does.

.

It’s the next evening. Alicia is just cleaning up when she hears a knock on the door. She opens the door and sees Shaylynn holding a few garment bags.

‘I didn’t know what dresses you had so I stopped by a dress shop, I know the owner, and got him to pick out a few dresses for you.’ Shaylynn tells her. Walking in followed by Sylvie, Emily and Stella.

‘And you brought the cavalry.’ Alicia laughs, closing the door. ‘Connor’s picking me up at eight.’

‘Plenty of time.’ Shaylynn smiles. ‘Let’s get to work.’

.

It gets to half seven and Alicia is finally ready.  Alicia opts for a black, velvet dress with black fur around the neckline.
'

Let's get a picture!' Sylvie smiles.
'I'm only going on a date.' Alicia laughs.
'You look stunning!' Shaylynn exclaims. 'So we need a picture! Now strike a pose!' Alicia just laughs and shakes her head but strikes a pose anyway. Once the picture has been taken, Alicia gets her phone, keys and purse and puts them into her clutch. As she's doing that, Shaylynn taps out a text.

From: Shaylynn
To: Connor Rhodes

The future Mrs Rhodes is ready!

.

Connor and Alicia are up in the helicopter.

'This is really nice.' Alicia smiles. 'How'd you get this?'

'It was actually Shaylynn.' Connor tells her.

'Shaylynn?'

'She helped plan this whole night.' Connor nods. He puts his hand into his pocket and takes out a little box. He holds Alicia's hand. 'Alicia, I love you. The past few months have been amazing and I can't think of anyone else I'd want to be with.' He opens the box to reveal a ring. 'I want to spend the rest of my life wife you.' He adds. He gets out of his seat and drops to one knee. 'Alicia Marie Halstead, will you marry me?'

Meanwhile, Shaylynn, Stella, Sylvie and Emily are waiting impatiently for news. They're waiting until eleven at night when Alicia and Connor walk in.

'WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!' They both announce together, Alicia showing the ring.

.......

Ayyeeee! I got a chapter done!

What do you think?

Shaylynn Voight belongs to RonnaSweeney!

Hope you enjoyed!

Much Love

Chloe Xo