FOUR: "Over the moon."

'BP 100 over 75, SATs 93, pulse is 150, GCS 4.' The other paramedic adds as Connor runs up to them putting his gloves on.  

'She's a paramedic?' Connor questions, noticing Alicia's bloodied uniform. 

'Yeah.' Will nods, joining them. 'She's my sister.'

'We'll take good care of her.' Connor reassures Will. They wheel Alicia into a treatment room and line the gurney up with the bed. 'Transfer on three.' Connor says as they all grab onto the backboard. 'One, two, three.' They transfer Alicia over to the bed. 'What happened?' 

'She was treating a patient in the back of the ambulance when a car crashed into them causing the ambulance to tip on its side. The car was doing close to a hundred in a thirty zone.' One paramedic explains. 'The driver of the car and patient that was in the ambo were taken to Lake Shore, Sylvie Brett is in the ambo behind us.'

'Will, you take care of Brett, I'll keep you updated.' Connor tells Will. Will stands, frozen, looking at his little sister. 'Will!' Will still doesn't move so Maggie gets involved. 

'C'mon Will. She's in safe hands.' Maggie pulls Will away from the trauma room. By now, Connor has completed most of the primary survey. Connor pulls over the ultrasound so that he can check for internal bleeding. He picks up the transducer and puts a slither of gel over the top. He then lifts Alicia's top up slightly and moves the transducer over Alicia's belly. As soon as he hears the sound of a little heartbeat, he stops. He looks closely at the ultrasound and puts the transducer down. 

'Page O.B! Get them down here now!' Connor tells one of the nurses. 'She's pregnant with partial placental abruption.' The nurse nods, walks over to the phone and calls for an O.B consult. 'Luckily, there's no internal bleeding. Let's get her for a head, neck and spinal CT.' 

Five minutes later, Dr Abrams joins Connor in CT.

'What have we got?' Dr Abrams questions. Connor just points at the scan on the computer. Dr Abrams looks at it. 'Subdural haematoma.' 

'According to her notes, she's about two months pregnant.' Connor adds. 'She's also got a partial placental abruption.' 

'Well, we need to get her into the OR to evacuate the blood, now.' Dr Abrams tells him. 'Are any of her relatives here?' 

'Yeah.' Connor nods. 'Dr Halstead is her brother.'

'Then we' better take good care of her.' 

.

Half an hour later, Will, Jay and the whole of Firehouse 51 are sitting in the surgery waiting area. 

'I better call Travis.' Jay sighs, standing up. 'He's her best friend.' He walks down the hall, gets out his phone and calls Travis.

'Hello?' He hears Travis answer the phone. 

'Travis, it's Jay Halstead.' Jay starts. 'I just thought I'd let you know that Alicia has been involved in an accident.' 

'What?!' Travis exclaims. 'Is she alright?' 

'She's got a brain bleed. She's in surgery now getting the blood evacuated.' Jay replies. 'I don't know what your schedule is like but I know that she'd appreciate and love it if you were here.' 

'Oh god.' Travis gasps. 'I'll definitely be there. I'll work something out. Thanks for letting me know.' He then hangs up and as he is on shift, he rejoins his colleagues. 'Jack.' He states, Luitenant Jack Gibson looks up at Travis who motions for him to join him. Jack gets up and walks over to Travis. Travis whispers what he's just been told.

'What?!' Jack exclaims just like Travis had. He slowly turns around to face everyone. 'Listen up.' Everyone stops talking and looks at Travis and Jack. 'Alicia as involved in an accident a couple of hours ago.'