Homework/Studying Tips

Hey guys! It's Gigi here! Today I'm gonna be giving some homework and studying tips because I know everyone has problems with managing their plethora of homework.

   I'm a straight A student, so hopefully these ideas will help you out! 😄

* Always give yourself a shorter deadline than the teacher gave you. If you give yourself a sooner deadline you work harder and get it done faster, but you don't have to stress because you know you still have a few days after your deadline.

* Always ask for an extension. No matter what class or project, ask for an extension.

* Always review your work before you hand it in. On essays make sure you revise it at least twice.

* Always have a good nights sleep. Sleep is vital to retaining information. Pulling an all nighter to study is quite possibly the worst thing you can do for yourself.

* Eat an apple in the morning. Yes, that sounds ridiculous, but eating an apple wakes you up 10x more effectively than coffee and is better for your health.

* When you're tired of studying, switch to a different project that requires creativity over research. For example, switch a history project for a creative writing assignment.

* Always write your notes in an easy to follow way. You don't have to write exactly what the teach does, simple bullet points can give you as much information as a full notebook can.

* Take short 15 minute entertainment breaks. Read a chapter of your favourite book, do a short workout to get your blood pumping, cook yourself a small snack, sing your favourite song, anything that takes a short bit of time and gives you a break. These should be done in at least 30 minute increments.

* Listen to music while you're studying. It's always best to listen to classical music, but anything that helps block out distractions while sharpening your focus is great. I'd suggest motivational songs like Forgettable by Project 46 ft. Olivia, or Face Everything And Rise by Papa Roach.

* Chew some gum. Again, this sounds stupid, but studies have proven that chewing gum while studying sharpens your focus and improves your memory by nearly 10%. If you're studying, you'd better pop in some Excel. (Minty flavours have been found to be more effective.)

* Set reminders on your phone/iPod. For example, I have an alarm set for 2:00 to remind me to start my essay on Alexander The Great.

* Set a specific time to study in general. 5-6 is when I always review my math notes, my English sheets, and my science papers. Set a general studying time, and times for specific subjects so you can work on everything, but focus more on what's important.

* Set a goal for today. "Today I want to complete pages 4-7 in my Calculus textbook (this is just an example, I don't do calculus I'm only 13)"

* Have something to motivate you. For example I always tell myself I'm not allowed to have supper until I finish at least three pages/parts of a project.

* Focus more on school than other things. Yes, absolutely focus on your job when you're at work, but when you're at home your job is school. Yes I'm aware I sound like a pesky mother, but it's true. School takes hard work, you're not gonna be a great student of you don't try. Extracurricular sports, instruments, and clubs are great! But don't let them take over school. School is important because it's hard to find a job without a high school education. Study more, go out with friends less. What you get out of school depends on what you put into it.

* Do the things you're best at last. The things you're worse at will take more time, so it's important to do them first so they get done. On another note though, always do the things that have a sooner deadline first. That's just common sense.

Well, that's all that I can come up with for now. I hope this helps you guys!!

Quote of the day: You can't quit because you're afraid you're gonna fail. ~ Zuko, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Song Of The Day: Untraveled Road by Thousand Foot Krutch

Stay strong, stay lovely. ~ Gigi❤️❤️