"Red, the blood of angry men. Black the dark of ages past. Red, a world about to dawn. Black the night that ends at last!" We all cheered as Enjolras and the Les Amis stood on our Barricade, ready to defend against whatever may be coming our way. Now all we have to do is wait. Wait for the Old man to return with news of an attack.

Hours had passed and the man had still not returned. I sat up against the café hugging my knees to my chest as we waited. No one had really moved, Enjolras and Marius were still on watch at the top. I looked around at the Les Amis, who were clearly starting to grow bored waiting for something to happen.

"Can I speak with you for a minute?" I heard a voice coming from above me. I looked up to see Enjolras standing over me. A smiled spread across my face.

"Of course." I said smiling. He offered me his hand, taking it, he pulled me up to my feet and around to the back of the Café. "Enjolras is something wron-"I started once we were out of view, but Enjolras stopped me by pulling me to him and kissing me.

"I just wanted to make sure you were doing alright, and I wanted to give you this, just in case." He said pulling a musket from his belt and handing it to me. I looked down from Enjolras' face to the gun he held in his hand.

"I don't know if I can. I mean I've never shot a gun before." I said my voice shaking a little at the thought of having to use it.

"Here I will show you." He said standing next to me. I took the gun from him, taking it into my own hands and feeling the weight of it. "Hold it like this, to keep it steady." Enjolras said helping me adjust my grip on the firearm. "And now hold it so that it is level with your eye to help with your aim. And once you feel you have a good aim, pull the trigger with this finger right here." He said as he rested his hand on mine. "Do you think you can do that?" He said looking me in the eyes. I nodded slightly and Enjolras pulled me close to him again and kissed the top of my head. "I love you" He whispered into my hair. I was about answer when in the distant we heard someone shout.

"He's back!" Enjolras and I looked at each other before rushing around to the front of the café again to see the old man climbing back onto our side of the barricade.

"Listen my friends, I have done what I said. I have been to their lines and counted each man, I will tell you what I can!" The man said as he reached the bottom of the barricade. Everyone began to gather around to listen to what he had to say. "You better beware, they have armies to spare, and the danger is real. We will need all our cunning to bring them to a heal." He explains. Everyone turns to look at Enjolras as he spoke up.

"Everyone have faith. If we know what their movements are will spoil their game. There are ways that the people can fight, we shall overcome their power!" Enjolras shouts and smiled spread across everyone's face. "Monsieur, is there anything else you can tell us?" Enjolras says as he walks over to the man.

"I have overheard their plans, there will be no attack tonight. They intend to starve you out before they start a proper fight. They will hit us when it's light." The man looks around at all the boys. You could see the relief start to wash through everyone at the man's words. I walked over to Enjolras and placed a hand on his shoulder, he looked back at me and smiled slightly. He was about to say something but was cut off by a small voice coming from on top of the barricade.

"LIAR!" Gavroche shouted. Everyone's heads turning to look at the small boy. "Good Evening Dear Inspector. Lovely evening isn't it?" The little boy said in a cocky tone. Ad he turned to look at everyone around him. "I know this man, my friends. His name is Inspector Javert! So, don't believe a word he says because none of it is true. This only goes to show what us little people can do." He said proudly for calling out the real identity of the old man.

The Inspector tried to run, but was quickly stopped by Coufeyrac and Grantaire, while some of the boys held head guns at his head.

"Bravo little Gavroche, you're the top of the class!" Coufeyrac beamed up at the little boy. I motioned for Gavroche to come and stand by me and he ran down and jumped into my arms. I held him close to me at the boys had detained Javert.

'So, what are we going to do with this snake in the grass?" Jehan said pointing his gun at the Inspector. We all looked to Enjolras to determine what they were to do with the traitor. I watched his face as he thought for a second.

"Take him into the tavern and tie him in there. The people will be deciding your fate, Inspector Javert" Enjolras spat out at the Inspector.

"Shoot me now, or shoot me later. Every school boy to his sport. Death to each and every traitor, I renounce your people's court." Javert spat back, trying to get out of the grip of the Courfeyrac and Grantaire. The boys took Javert into the Café and I turned to Gavroche!

"I am so proud of you!" I said hugging him tightly. "You out smarted even the smartest people tonight!" I kissed his cheek making him blush.

"Thank you, Valerie, us little people are pretty smart you know." He said proudly. I just chuckled and ruffled his hair. I set Gavroche back down on the ground and went to go find Enjolras in the Café. I looked through the window to see the Inspector break free from the grip and start attacking the boys. He pushed Grantaire and Coufeyrac off of him and threw a punch at Enjolras hitting him in the jaw ad he went to go grab him. I gasped running into the café to Enjolras who was leaning against the wall as the others tried to gain control over Javert again.

"Enjolras! Are you ok?" I said grabbing his face to make him look at me.

"Valerie! Get out of here! Go find Gavroche!" Enjolras said pushing me to the door before turning back to the Guys who finally had Javert in their grip again. Enjolras took the back of his gun, crashing it over Javerts head. The man fell limp and the boys tied him to the Staircase. I stood in the door, my eyes wide in fear. I couldn't take my eyes off of Javert, his body folded in half against the stairs.

"Are you alright?" Enjolras said pulling me into a hug. I tore my eyes away from the inspector and wrapped my arms around Enjolras. He pulled away and held my face in his hands. "Love, are you alright" He asked again.

"Yes, I'm fine, are you alright? Enjolras, your face" I said looking at his jaw as a bruise from where Javert's fist made contact.

"It's fine." Enjolras said pulling his face away from my hand, but I stopped him and pulled his face back to mine, crashing my lips into his. He just held me as we broke apart.

"Is he dead" I said barely above a whisper, but Enjolras heard it.

"No, just knocked out for a while." Enjolras said squeezing me. Enjolras and I started to walk away from the entrance of the café, when we heard footsteps off in the distance.