Chapter 18: Take It From My Point Of View

Start from the beginning

Her mouth opening and closing like a goldfish, Violet went with her initiative and explored the book store even more.

Violet's petite body weaved in and out of the many racks of books, in search of the woman.

She wasted around five more minutes before huffing out a breath at the back of the shop.

She pulled her phone out to text Klaus, informing him that her main suspicion was a dead end. But what she didn't notice was someone lurking by the back door.

A woman to be precise. With long dark hair and a strong, firm build.

Violet slipped her phone back into her pocket and went to walk out the shop but something was wrong.

Her legs wouldn't move.

She couldn't even talk. Its like her lips were glued shut.

Suddenly Violet's legs shakily started to turn her body around by their own accord. Finally, Violet was facing the now open door. The woman had disappeared.

Frantic thoughts whizzed through Violet's mind as her legs walked out the back of the store, the door slamming behind her.

She found herself in an alleyway which was placed outside the back of the whole mall.

Its like her legs were possessed. They continued to walk in a certain direction.

A few blocks away from the mall, the woman and the old lady waited in an old, disused building.

No light was produced form the outside world, just a dim light hanging from the ceiling.

"Are you sure the spell worked?" The old lady croaked, by the sound of her voice, it was like she was coming to the end of her life.

The other woman was about to reply when the door opened and shut.

A now crying Violet was stepping towards them.

"See." The woman finally replied, taking strong steps to Violet.

The old woman stayed put on the chair she was on, obviously too weak to stand for too long.

"Come here child." The old woman offered a warming smile but Violet wasn't fooled.

"W-who are you?" She gulped as more tears built up in her eyes "What do you want with me?"

The old woman didn't hide anything. She didn't have any large, extravagant lie to tell

"My name is Rosemary Chalkwell, that behind you is Natalia. And you, my dear, are my key to Niklaus Mikaelson."

Violet's eyes widened, her legs took slow steps towards Rosemary. Violet had now only just noticed that Natalia was chanting something behind her. A spell.

When Violet reached in front of Rosemary she stopped, her legs freezing on the spot.

Rosemary gathered all the strength she had to pull herself off the stool.

"I am sorry my dear. But I have been alive for a very long time. 300 years to be exact." Rosemary explained, placing her hand on Violet's shoulder for support as she wavered a little.

Violet visibly swallowed, trying to cringe away from Rosemary's touch but her body was still frozen.

"This wont hurt a bit." Rosemary offered one last smile before Natalia's chant became a shout.

Wind blew through the windowless building. All the women's hair whipped about as more power surged through Natalia.

The chanting stopped abruptly, silence fell as did Rosemary. Dead.