( CHAPTER FOURTEEN )

A WHAT IF

"GUYS, THE WALKIE-TALKIE ISN'T WORKING

"GUYS, THE WALKIE-TALKIE ISN'T WORKING." lucas announced, his hands gripping the object protectively, as though it could break at any second.   

"what do you mean? we talked to you on it an hour ago." mike said, eyebrows drawing together, confused. the group of friends sat in mike's basement, it would've seemed like a normal meeting but will was there, and eleven wasn't.

she was gone.

"i can't talk to philip, mike." lucas snarled, he hadn't heard from the boy in days. every night he stayed up, waiting, waiting, waiting. but not a single drop of philip's voice emitted from that walkie-talkie. the overwhelming what if's danced dangerously in lucas' mind.

will glanced over at dustin, a look that everyone in that room recognized. lucas didn't want to believe it. sure, he had never been the optimist of the group, but he didn't want to feel that tug in his heart anymore. he wanted philip out.

"lucas- philip could be dead,"

"no, no. will was alive, who's saying philip isn't?"

dustin sighed, "you know what, we can just take it to the electronic shop and see if someone can do something about it."

"you think they're gonna know shit about how to reach someone from another dimension?" lucas countered, grip tight on the device.

"no, but maybe long distances."

[ author's note ]
umm,,,, long time no see?
this chapter kinda sucks
no joke, it was rlly rushed