Extra chapter

OK, so this chapter is quite short, but it's vital for the future of the characters in the story. You may not understand whats going on until the end, but please stick with it and all will reveal itself in time.

THANKS and pleas VOTE / COMMENT / FAN/ LIKE, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLAIRE

I was standing by a lake, the sapphire water rippling gently under the soft breeze. The summer sun made my skin tingle as I took in the lush trees, their leaves whispering a secret to each other. It was completely beautiful.

Turning back towards the lake, I spotted a figure that made my heart thump ridiculously hard against my chest. Jack. That single thought made me dizzy and I had to grab onto a nearby tree stump - that someone had converted into a fishing seat - to stop myself from falling into the lake.

Once I ad regained my balance, I looked back at the spot where I had seen Jack, but he wasn't there. I scanned the rest of the clearing, but couldn't see anybody. Oh great, now I'm hallucinating!

"Looking for me?" a voice asked from somewhere close by. My next thought was "Brilliant I'm imaging voices now, too" as I looked at an empty clearing.

"Up here" the voice said again clearly smiling. This time, I looked up into the branches of the tree I was standing under and saw him. Jack was lazing against a branch, his dark hair tousled and a grin on his unbelievably cute face.

"Hey" he smiled when I just stood there staring at him.

"Um...hi" I managed to say as my breathing quickened, feeling light-headed again. I started to move closer to the tree, but stumbled on a raised root, desperately searching for something to grab on to. But before I could hit the floor, I felt string arms around me.

"Easy there" Jack said as he lowered me to the ground, still holding me in his arms.

We stared at each other for a long time, our bodies inching closer together. His lips were centimetres from mine, when he whispered "I'm Jack."

I looked at him and managed to whisper, "I'm -" before his lips touched mine.

What felt like electricity coursed through my veins as I wrapped my arms around his neck. We kissed for a long time until we were breathless. I rested my head on his shoulder and breathed, "You don't know how long I've waited for this."

"Me neither." But the voice that replied wasn't Jack's. It wasn't Jack who grabbed my hair, yanking my head back to expose my throat. And it wasn't Jack who struck with the bite of a cobra.

*

I woke up screaming. Thrashing my body from side to side, the shackles - purposely made from silver - bit into my skin, opening new bleeding wounds. I screamed until I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and then I looked up and saw 'the cobra' sitting there, a smirk on his face.

"Sleep well?" he asked mockingly.

A growl ripped from my throat as I lunged at him, screaming once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so are you confused? I hope not too much but you can ask me any questions in comments if you have any.

I WOULD LIKE TO DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO:

HANCHAN - As it's her birhtday this week and I hope she likes it.

ThisKittyHasClaws - Because she's been dying to know what happens next and has been pestering me for ages - I hope I've pleased her.

ZoexMitton - An AMAZING author who has loads of potential and is a very good friend.