"Mark" I breathed, tears stinging my eyes from the pain radiating through my head and body "Why are you doing this"

"You really don’t know do you?" He smirked

I looked into his dark brown eyes. They seemed so empty and souless and I wondered how I ever fell in love with this man

He took my silence as a no and I winced when he pulled my hair tighter in his grasp

"You left me" He said through his teeth "I loved you and you left me"

"You hurt me. You took everything from me. You drained me of all the life and love I had and I had nothing left"

He didn't say anything but continued to hold me

"You didn't have to leave me"

My face fell as I watched Marks face. His eyes became almost soft and his eyes glassy.

"I couldn’t stay" I replied, my voice calm.

I took a deep breath "I didn't love you anymore"

His eyes became dark and hard again and the next thing I knew I was flung against the wall. My head taking the most impact.

My sight became foggy. My body numb.

The last thing I saw before everything went dark was Whippet staggering towards Mark with the knife in his hand.

~~~

When I woke my eyes were heavy and sore. Inch by inch I forced them open to reveal a blurry world. As painful as it was, I opened and closed  repeatedly them to try and regain a clear visual.

When my eyes adjusted I saw that I was no longer enclosed within the four walls of my apartment but in a dark, sterilised room.

My mouth was dry and tasted of penny's as I slowly turned my pounding head. 

6 bodies were scattered around the small hospital room. 2 were laying lazily across a small couch by the door, one was fast asleep in the arm chair by the bed. 2 others were sitting on chairs with their heads resting on the bed and the last silhouette was sitting against the wall.

I smiled, already knowing who these dark silhouettes and shadows belonged to

I stirred my foot as pins and needles slowly crept up my leg.

"Ouch!" one of the boys yelped, his head jerking up from the bed and out of his deep slumber.

"Sorry" I cringed

The small amount of light that was leaking through the window creeped across his face. Maxi.

"Sam!" He suddenly yelled

"Shh" I hushed, my head pounded

"You're awake!" He rejoiced moving closer to the top of the bed

"Where's Whippet?" I asked as the rest of the 5 boys awoke from their sleep and joined Maxi by the side of the bed.

Maxi looked at Jesse and Jesse looked at Harries.

Neither of them said a word.

I swore my heart stopped beating as I watched the expressions on all of their faces.

I clenched my eyes shut.

Preparing myself for the inevitable words and news that were to come.