Offline and Disconnected

Sometimes no matter what steps we make or how much we push ourselves to achieve a goal if it’s not ours to start with then it will all be meaningless.

I knew I’ll have a hard time but I like a challenge and he’s one heck of a guy so why not give it a shot? I waited for the right chance to befriend him and with the help of the newest online game, I had my chance. By the time he first started playing it I was on the lookout. Eventually, I found his character and with a little lie here and there… I became his best friend as well as his online couple.

“Liv, is a spot available?” he would nonchalantly smile as he stands in front of the corner.

“uhm, no.7 is available. Would that be an open time session?” I asked unlocking the computer marked with a No.7 paper on the hard drive.

“Nah, I have some errand to run later on so it’s just going to be three hours for today” he winked and sat on a chair in front of the computer and started to open the application.

Meet Valter, we’ve been neighbors ever since I can remember and yes, I like him. Unfortunately, he doesn’t even acknowledge my existence. To him, I’m just the girl who watches her family’s computer shop across the street. I have no solid proof how I’ve come to like him, I just know that I do. Is that a bad thing? I mean he’s kind and cool… what else could I ask for? I’m not looking for mister perfect I just want someone who I feel worthy to reward my heart to… either he’ll break it or keep it, I have no idea but that’s love for you… true courage and true love is shown by how much you are willing to be hurt by someone precious to you.

Ok, time to open my application as well and assume the role of Zealie, Wayne05’s mage couple. Who says double life is out of style? He’s a warrior class so a magic user like my character would go well together with him. I can’t believe that he would fall for something as old school as my tagging along on the journey with the excuse of a special item. Freaking idiot.

The past weeks we’ve been journeying with each other through thick and thin, over mountains, inside caves, beyond graves and in every imaginable place the game producers thought of as we grew closer to each other. I was always at his back in every quest and healing his every wound but however sensitive I was on the hits he takes he will never notice my heart’s rapidly lowering HP and MP that no potion can recuperate. I was not physically hurt by the dead corpses or the monsters but I was stabbed each time he tells me about Tyra. Yeah, I know all about his feelings for Tyra who was his classmate in high school.

Wayne05: heyZealie, want to tag along to Golem’s Cavern?

Zealie:sure thing! Wait, gotta restock some items…

Wayne05: you won’t believe what happened today, I got Tyra’s number! I know this isn’t much but for me it is! It’s the start! Yeah!

Zealie: i’m so happy for you! I may don’t know you both personally but I feel that you’d make a good couple irl. J

I’m such a masochist aren’t I? I deserve to be shot in Luneta! Don’t know personally? Give me a break! He has had this unrequited love for as long as this computer shop is! I have often watched him staring at her profile in Friendster, Facebook and Twitter! Well I’m guilty of that myself and I really do know how he feels bearing an unrequited love myself.

A month after he got Tyra’s number he told me how happy he was because he thinks that Tyra has feelings for him as well. Every time they go out together he tells me in detail the next day and you know what, I think another shot would do me in. If I could just reach out my hand I know I could tap his shoulder and make him see me but to no avail. He rapidly taps those keys in his haste to enthusiastically make me his personal journal on how much he loves Tyra while he’s oblivious to the eyes looking at his back.