Chapter 2: A Child's Drawing

Ross' Pov:

We heard the sound of the doorbell ring, and we all ran down, pushing and shoving each other down the stairs.

Apparently my mom walked out of nowhere, and opened the door first. She gave the first hug and kiss, welcoming our dad back home. "Honey, welcome home!"

"Aw, no fair. I wanted to open the door for dad." Ryland said crossing his arms, pouting.

"Nice to see you again, ol' man." Riker said, giving dad a "man hug" and patting his back.

"Daddy!" Rydel, Rocky, Ryland and I screamed and jumped on top of him.

"Woah there guys. Let me get settled first, then we can tackle each other as much as we want, alright?" Dad took off his fadora, put it on the hat and coat rack. "Riker, Rocky? Would you two care to help me with my luggage?"

My brothers nodded and followed dad outside to his car, bringing his suitcases inside, while Rydel went to go help mom with dinner. Ryland and I just waited for dad to come back.

Once everything was done with dad unpacking and settling in again, we all set up for dinner right away.

Mom made soup and salad, along with pasta and steak. Yumm.

"God honey. This is great! i'm so tired of eating Indian food back in New York along with my employees and co-workers. When you work in business and marking, everyone's South Asian there. Especially if you go up in Manhattan."

"Glad you like it, Marky baby." She leaned in to give my dad a kiss, while he did the same.

Rocky gave a disgusted look on his face jokingly. "Eww guys! Not at the table! You're gonna ruin my appetite."

Mom just shook her head, and Rydel threw a piece of bread at Rocky. "Stop it Rock. I think its cute that mom and dad get to express their love after 3 loong months."

"Thank you, baby girl." Dad said, continuing to cut his steak.

So apparently dad goes on business trips every 3 months, for 3 months, which is like what? 2 times a year? And if you put that together, it basically adds up to be half a year, but in intervals. Dad lives in the city alone, but he's never taken any of us to go and stay at New York with him. I would love to go and witness what its like to actually live in the "City that Never Sleeps" is like, but its never happened before.

I'm in a band with my siblings called R5, and the lead role of Disney Channel's show, Austin & Ally, where I play Austin Moon. I've gone to NYC a couple of times to play at concerts, fund raisers or events, but whenever I asked dad where he lived or if we could go see his place, he never let us come. He would always show up from work just to see us, then go back. Plus he always tells the 5 of us that now we have our fame, school, and jobs to look after, we gotta stay here, which kinda sucks.

"So dad. What have you been up to back there?" Riker asked, being the leader and all.

He sighed, "Work, son. Just work. It tires me out, but its a good way to provide for you all."

We just nodded, continued eating, and talked about random stuff. I guess we were all in a really good mood since our dad came back after a long time.

~~~

After finishing our meal, and cleaning up the dishes and table, dad asked me to help him with unpacking. I agreed and went up with him to my parents room.

I unzipped a bag, and started removing his clothes from the suitcase. That's when I noticed something unusual. It was a drawing made out of crayons, framed. The drawing was of 3 kids as stick figures, holding each others hands. The figure in the middle was tall, and wore a dress (like the triangle you put for a stick figure), while she held two children's hands on either side. One was a boy, and one was a girl. Same height. They all were smiling, under a rainbow, with birds flying on top. There was a bed of flowers under their feet. On the top of the picture, there was a title. It said PAPA'S 3 LITTLE BEARS. At the bottom, there was heart, followed by 3 initials saying: KKK

What was this, and why did dad have this? Who were or was KKK? (I hope not Klu Klux Klan haha ((bad joke)))

Dad came back into the room cause he needed to hit the 'john'.

"Dad, what's this?" I asked him, holding up the framed pic. He just stopped and stared with wide eyes. Was he hiding something?

He finally spoke up about a minute later. "Oh, that? Well it's just a painting one of my employees' kids wanted me to bring to their dad here in Cali. You see Ro, he works most of the time in LA like I do, so they were missing him since he's been here for a while. They gave it to me to give to him, so I guess I just threw it into this suitcase right here." He chuckled and patted the suitcase I was unloading.

I gave him a 'sure I believe you look' and continued packing.

Dad was surely up to something.

A/N: Well I'm sure you were all able to figure out what Mark Lynch was hiding, but did you know he's hiding the same secret from his family in LA? I'll be doing mainly Kat's and Ross' povs, but I will also include a few other characters. Enjoy!

~Esha V