CHAPTER 2 PART 4 : DATE NIGHT

TAKI'S POV

In the end, I picked the 1st outift they recommended me. I mean, I'm not complaining, it's a really decent outfit. I'm just really nervous for our Meetup...

I just wish that she remembers any memories of us together before.

I told the cafe to reserve me a table, they already knew what was going on.

They prepared a vase full of flowers, candles, some whine, and roses of petals spread around the floor. The lighting was turned into a sunlight type of atmosphere, it felt like we were on a beach. I sat on a chair to patiently wait for Mitsuha.

Is this too extra? Am I out of my mind right now?  I'm too nervous to think about what I should say to her! Hi,  welcome nice to meet you(?) No that's  too awkward for god's sake! Ahhh let's just go with the flow..

MITSUHA'S POV

I guess I'm  picking the 3rd outfit afterall..  It is very casual and decent, I  should really have to get going..

"Nee-chan,  goodluck with your date!" Yotsuha shouted as I was about to go the restaurant. "It is not a DATE ok!" I shouted back,  knowing that she will be laughing with a smug look on her face.

7:20 pm

I arrived at the Italian restaurant, a waiter approached me and asked for my name. "Are you miss Mitsuha?" The waiter asked with politeness. "Yes I am..?" I replied, I had no idea why he asked for my name so I got a bit nervous. "Right this way miss." The waiter seemed to go on a VIP like area, is Taki really here?

We arrived at the VIP like area, I was more than shocked to see a waiting Taki to be sitting on a fancy table. The atmosphere was great I really loved it. 

"H-hey Mitsuha! Uhm welcome..  Please take a sit!" Taki stood up on his chair and moved back one of the chairs on the table to sit on it. I giggled softly for his behavior, I really love this side of him.

The waiter was giving out our food and drinks, both Taki and I had a lot of fun talking to each other and got a little drunk.

"Mitsuha...  I really missed you you know....  I've been trying to search for you this whole time without knowing it...  I even got hurt knowing what happened to Itomori and was job hunting to help Itomori.. " Taki spoke in a drunken way. 

All this time...  You were looking for me? Even after you wrote that.. "I love you" on my right hand?  I thought  we wouldn't see each other again. 

The rest that Taki said were just gibberish while he was drunk. While he was saying nonsense, I told him something that he probably won't remember when he's sober..

I looked at his face lying on the table, his face so flustered with shades of red because of too much alcohol.

"You know Taki, my memories of you were back earlier than I thought. For years I wanted to see you but whenever I do, I just lose hope.  Now that you're  here in front of me, looking funny while sober, I'm  finally glad that I saw you...  I really do love you.. Taki. "

I looked at the time and it was already 9pm. I needed to let Taki go home but I didn't  know where his house is. So I took his phone to contact one of his friends. While I was at it,  I also noticed that he was keeping contact with a girl named "Okudera".  Although this made me a little sad, I still have to pretend I don't care.

Taki got fetched safely by his two friends while I went home by myself. Once I got home I unbraided my braids and lied on the bed.

"Today was full of surprises huh?" I smile to myself while recalling everything that happened today. 

I wish I could see him again next time...  Or maybe everyday even.. I want to continue seeing him..

I really do love you Taki..

I went to bed, and slept peacefully.