Chapter VIII

It was still dark outside, though the sun was peeking out on the horizon. I've been walking through the forest all night long, and have finally made it home. The fire in my throat raged on but I ignored it completly as the events that had just transpired with Brooke plauged me. I could smell Bella upstairs as i opened the front gate to our home. i yearned for her to forgive me for what i had to do to keep her safe. But i had no idea what to expect when I got inside.

I dragged my feet up the familiar, creaky, wooden steps up to our floor. it smelled odd, but i couldnt quite put my finger on the smell yet as i opened the door to our apartment. It was relatively dark inside, but a light from the bathroom was shown under the closed door.

I took off my jacket, and my shirt and my shoes, and then walked towards the bathroom door. i could hear the shower running but the door was locked. "Bella?" I said in a quiet voice. "hold on baby, im almost done" she answered in her sweet voice, it made me smile that she wasnt holding what happened against me. "i left some food for you in the fridge" she told me, and the fire in my throat sparked hotter and i held my neck and frowned.

I walked into the kitchen and smelled something delicious, and as i opened the fridge, my mouth watered because there was a big cup of blood on the top shelf. I took it out quickly, almost dropping it and put it over the stove to heat it up. Once i finished heating it, and sipped the warm, red liquid and smiled. It was the best thing I've ever tasted. I then proceeded to chug the rest of the cup down in one gulp.

The fire in my throat had settled and I relaxed as i slumped down onto the couch. I felt exhausted, and i took this opportunity to close my eyes. As soon as I felt at peace, Bella came out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel and walked towards me. She truly was the most beautiful girl i'd ever seen.

She sat on my lap, and as i wrapped my arms around her waist everything felt ok again. She nestled her head into my neck, and her soft skin sent shivers up my spine. Her ivory white skin was beautiful, and i chuckled to myself because it matched mine, and usually she was much tanner than me. Being a vampire didnt bother me much, though it did come as a surprise but i didnt like the idea of killing people to satiate my thirst.

Bella looked up at me with her wonderfully bright blue eyes, "im sorry, Bobby." she said to me and i looked at her, baffled. "for what?" i asked her, confused. She nodded her head towards our bedroom door, and then burried her face into my chest. "whats in there?" i questioned her again. she shook her head and slid of my lap and began to cry quietly.

i stood up, and slowly walked towards our bedroom. The door was opened slightly, but no light exited the room. I pushed the door open and it seemed as though a tornado had passed through the room. Blood stains splattered against the wall, and floor and I continued searching the room for the source. I walked around the bed and saw her laying face down, motionless. I knelt down beside her, cold, lifeless body and brushed her curly brown hair back. I rolled her over and saw the right side of her neck missing, and replaced with a mushy, red, gory mess.

She had bite marks all over her body, and i shuddered at the thought of my sweet Bella delivering this carnage to Brooke. I touched her stomach tenderly, thinking about the baby she wanted, but then i remembered what she did to Bella and I and I gritted me teeth and looked away from her body. I stood slowly and turned towards the door. Bella was standing in the door way, wiping her tears. I sighed as i walked towards her and wrapped her in my arms as she hid her face in my chest.

I held her and took her out of the room, i decided i would remove the body and clean the room when Bella fell asleep. We sat on the couch silently and stared at the tv. I put on Bella's favorite show, (glee) and i saw her smile and little which made me feel better. After about an hour, she dozed off and i put a blanket over her and then made my way to Brooke's body in the room. I lifted her body and wrapped it in the already bloodied bed sheets in the room. I walked to the back yard and burried her under the weeping willow tree and sunk in our yard.

Tasks like these became much easier because of my new stength, but having to bury a couple of bodies in a couple of days made me feel cold. but i knew deep down, thats what i was now. i was cold, a natural killer. I hated that about myself, and I didnt like the fact that I'd have the rest of forever to think about every soul i was going to take off this earth because of my sick thirst. I must have been standing out here thinking about this for a long time, because the sun was now out, and the warmth felt good on my eternally cold skin.

I dropped the shovel and turned towards the house. As i looked up towards the door, 3 men wearing black suits blocked my sight of the door. I took a closer look at them and noticed the patch on the right side of their jackets said, NAC. obviously representing the North American Clan. My hand twitched as i walked towards them. They moved together as though moving into a defensive position. "Isabella is in the car out front, we will be taking you both into protection now." The man in the front said. They all looked alike, bald with suits on. like the Hitman, but without the tattoo. "what do you want with us?" i asked them as i peered around the house to see Bella waiting in front of a black limosine looking back at me.

"Two of our top agents have gone missing, and with the Southern Clan moving in past our defenses we feel it best that you stay under our protection." the man in the front told me. "what do they want with us?" i asked him curiously. "You're in their way, to them its nothing personal. They kill every vampire in the north, no questions asked. Our agents, Brooke and Alex have not reported for days now, we are pressuming them dead and we are now taking you into our protection because obviously they couldnt get the job done." he said coldly. I forced myself not to think about the two people I had just burried not a day apart from each other. "Can i get a shirt before we go?" i smiled trying to lighten the mood. His faced stayed as stone as he replied. "you will be perfectly equipped with whatever clothing you feel you might need at the NAC headquaters."

I walked our front to Bella and held her hand as we entered the big limo and my eyes widened at the tech in the limo, but Bella gave me the, "dont touch anything" look and i frowned as i sat back and we began to drive. I looked at Bella and smiled reassuringly, she returned a smile towards me and rested her head on my shoulder. I wiggled my toung over my fangs again and chuckled. "i still cant believe this is happening to us." Bella looked up at me and kissed me softly, "sex is gonna get pretty kinky with these, huh?" she pointed at her fangs before biting down on my bottom lip. I finally laughed a real laugh as I leaned back again, but in the back of my mind i still wondered what was coming next.