Peter Parker • Failure (Friends? [2]) ✔️

This is a request:

'Possibly where the reader is Tony's younger sister and some stuff happens like she fails an invention and she starts feeling like she's not as good as her brother and Peter finds her and tells her how smart he thinks she is and starts rambling ending up telling her how he has a really big crush on her and she kisses him then he's like "oh crap Mr Stark's gonna kill me".'
I changed a few things to follow on from another story, but hopefully this is okay! Thank you for the request!

(Y/N) = Your Name

WARNINGS: language
POWERS: none
Set after Captain America: Civil War (It never happened.)
---------
[A/N: Imagine this follows on from Peter Parker: Friends? This was a request from my AO3 page]

"So, tell me again how this is going to work?" Bucky asked, looking down at his newly formed metal arm.

(Y/N) grinned, typing a few finishing keys into the computer in front of her, "Have you ever watched Big Hero 6?"

Bucky gave her a blank stare, "Does it look like I watch Big Hero 6?"

(Y/N) pouted at him and Peter spoke up for her, "You've never watched Big Hero 6? That's like the best Disney movie ever!"

"Thank you!" (Y/N) exclaimed, directing towards the young hero.

"C'mon, Buck. Even I've watched that." Steve sighed, giving the soldier the eyebrows of disappointment.

Bucky shrugged before looking back towards the two teenagers who were conversing over their favorite character. He cleared his throat, "Anyway?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry." (Y/N) laughed nervously before explaining, "Basically, because you have full control of your arm, I've decided to add more fighting techniques into it. For this, if you jolt your shoulder slightly, the movement will make a chain reaction through to the metal, leading to the hand and wrist to fly off and come back."

"How would that help me?"

"You can hit people before they come at you." Peter simply answered, "Or they can help you escape from microbots when they are trapping you." he added.

The soldier looked at him confused, leaving Steve and (Y/N) to chuckle. Bucky sighed before nodding, "So, this is just an experiment?"

"Well, this one is just a prototype but it will work."

"How can you be sure?" Steve asked.

"Most of the calculations indicate a 96% chance of success. Plus, I made it so it will." (Y/N) smirked, rotating a dial on the dashboard, causing Bucky's arm to light up with a slight blue hue.

"We can tell that you're Stark's kid." the soldier muttered.

"That's not a bad thing!" the billionaire called out as he entered the room, munching on some blueberries.

Since (Y/N) and Peter had that discussion, things had grown a lot stronger between Tony and his daughter. The young hero made them all sit down and have a proper discussion, and when (Y/N) went to leave, he webbed her to the chair by her waist - let's just say he was far away when the web dissolved.

But (Y/N) was glad Peter made her stay. She and her father had a good conversation, yelling and all, but her points had gotten across to him. Afterwards, he pulled her into an embrace and promised he would be there for her again - and this time he had stuck to his promise. Sunday was milkshake day again!

"Okay, are we ready?" (Y/N) asked. Peter, Tony and Steve stood behind her, watch as the soldier readied himself in the test area, "Okay, Barnes. When you're ready, flick the switch to turn it on and fire away!"