Coming Home

Getting off the plane I look around at the city that I loved. I started out but stopped when I saw Pepper and Tony holding up a bright pink sparkly banner. That said... “Oh my God,” I mumble to myself. It said, “Petey! Your lovely ride is over HERE!” I see Tony waving like a child and almost forgot that he stopped talking to me.

I walk up to them and Pepper hugs me, “Hey Pete.” She starts but Tony interrupts. “Do you like the sign I made it myself,” He joked. “I have today all planned out. So we will drop you off at May's, who by the way never answers the phone. Then we'll pick you up about noon and go eat somewhere with the lovely Pepper Potts. After that, we go back to the Tower invite May over for supper and get you caught up with everything.” I force a smile, “Yeah that sounds good.” I check my watch and was silently thankful for my early flight. We drive and I see my street. “Okay, can you stop here?” They looked at me weirdly as I continue, “I want to walk down memory lane.” They nod and pull over, giving me a smile as I exit the car. I see them drive off and I sprint to an alley getting changed into my suit. I swing over to a roof and stop for a second. If I remember right it’s Sunsets Apartments.

Getting on top of the building I sit and look around. Trying to feel happy that I was back but really I just wanted to get away. “DEADPOOL!” I scream trying to get his attention. I sit down and play with a couple of stones in the top.

After about 20 minutes Deadpool walks out in his full get up. “Do you sleep with that on?” I joke and I see his smile through the mask. “Your back already? I was beginning to have fun,” he laughed. “Well, you're always free to continue…” He sits down next to me, “How was college? Go to any fun parties?” I see Gwen sitting next to him, she reaches out but then stops whispering. “You couldn't save me even if you wanted to.”

“Well, I found out that my um friend was a spy then my other friend went crazy… so it was eventful. But no, no parties.” He laughs and my stomach flips.

“Well, you do owe me… so…” he trails off and I look at him. “I want to work with you,” he rushed. I nod and smile, “great we can have loads of fun!” Deadpool grins and pulls out a chimichanga. “Want one?” I shake my head, “Nah I'm having lunch with someone after this.” Deadpool puts it back and looks around. “So Webhead got a girlfriend?” I shake my head, “Peter!” She screams and I look down. “Nope, she passed away about a month ago.” Wade looked at me, “did you love her?” I feel surprised at the question, “she was my everything, but she was the spy. So I don't know if she loved me. But it was my fault that she died.” He sighs. “Did you try to save her?” I nod fast, “Of course I did!” He smiles, “then it may be your fault but in the end, you weren't the one who killed her, were you?” Wade patted my back.

“You know he's just trying to make you feel better. Make you feel like you weren't the cause of my death. But guess what you were the reason I died! You're the reason my dad died! You kill everyone who thinks that you love them. Who's next MJ? Mr. Stark? Pepper?” I shake my head and see Wade looking at me. “Please believe me when I say you're a hero Spider-man. Plus if your not a superhero than Spider-man is a very weird name. I laugh and thank him.

“I'm Wade by the way…” I look at him surprised. “Just in case you want to scream it later.” I groan, “moment ruined. See ya later Deadpool, and Thank you! Again!” I swing off and drop down on my street look over to where I use to live.

I walking into the building and the owner recognizes me immediately. “Peter?” I smile and walk up to him. “Hey, I just got back from college. I was wondering if I could, well, if I could go look at the old apartment of mine?” He slips me a key, “just this once.” I smile and head up.

Opening the door I see that they repainted and got new carpets. It was gone of old trinkets of mine and May's. The couch was the same and so was the tv. I sit down and instantly tear up. I rummage around the couch and find that they must have left it alone. Laying down on it I take a deep breath, tensing and I relive the night. “I warned you.”

I look over to see my old landlord. "That's what it said," I nod and look at my hands. "Do you know what that meant?" I shrug and look at him, "no and I try not to think about it, to be honest. Not a huge fav if that night." He nods in understanding and slowly starts out the door. "I'm sorry Peter she was an incredible person if you ask me." I smile but my eyes tear up.
"I almost thought if never coming back. But I knew I needed to get over it, I mean it's been a few years. But now I'm old enough to be on my own." He nods, "well if you ever want this apartment back then just say the words. Bye Pete!" He heads downstairs and I take a deep breath.
I hear my phone go off, 'we're here are you ready?' I send a thumbs up. The giving the key to the landlord I rush out of the building trying to get rid of the tears before I enter. "It's time to try and move on!" I whisper and open the door sliding into the car.

Hey, thanks for reading! Almost decided to leave ya with a cliffhanger but I am not Rick Riordan. Heads up that with school I am slowly trying to get the chapters out but you know homework and studying yay!
~Meowt