// 16

(c) daydrexming 2014

A/N: Yes I changed my username, I was getting sick of the old one. Just to let you know in case of any confusion. Also, I'm on vacation (for like two days) and most of this is going to be written from my phone. Sorry if it's utterly crappy.

-

My eyes had widened as I put together the facts. Ryan used to date a girl named Alexis, we have a new girl at our school named Alexis, and both their last names are Montgomery. So all in all, they have to be the same girl.

Okay, that wasn't really that hard to put together, I was just crazy shocked at the fact that they even knew each other...and had history with each other. I mean, what are the odds that your ex would transfer to your high school? It's crazy.

My only question is, Alexis said that she moved from Portland. How did Ryan know her if he's lived here all his life? Or maybe he moved not too long ago from Portland to here? Or possibly Alexis lived here when she was younger, her family moved to Portland, and now they moved back?

I don't know, and frankly I didn't even really care about how she got here, or how they knew each other. It's just wow, what are the odds? It's weird and kind of...creepy I guess.

My lunch table and I continued to watch them. Ryan helped her through the lunch line, and even got a piece of fruit for her.

Is she so helpless that she can't even get the fruit herself?

She then laughed, and playfully hit him in the shoulder. It made me quite sick to watch her flirt with him, and then him returning the favor. I swear I could barf up my salad. Thankfully, I didn’t though, which was nice.

“How did Ryan and Alexis used to date?” I asked, still watching them closely. “She just moved from Portland.” I added.

“Well...” started Thomas. “In our Sophomore year, certain students were picked from schools all throughout Oregon for this like special thing to like observe birds or something like that in the Caribbean for like four months. It just so happened that Ryan was chosen for that, and on that trip he had met a girl named Alexis Montgomery...”

“Apparently,” Max continued. “Him and Alexis had gotten pretty close, they did everything together on that trip, but when the trip was over...they weren’t ready to say goodbye to each other. Even though Alexis lived in Portland and Ryan lived here, they tried the long distance relationship thing. It was working for a bit, but at the end of Junior year, Alexis dumped him because she felt they were growing apart. Ryan hasn’t dated anyone since, and he hasn’t looked at anyone like how he looked like at Alexis. I can't believe he's not totally pissed at her for breaking up with him; he's acting like as if they were still dating.” explained Max, watching them. “I mean it was as if nothing happened.”

I looked over at Max for a moment, with a look of thought, before turning back to Ryan and Alexis. “Do you think that she possibly wants him back?” I then added, “Do you think that he possibly still has feelings for her?” I wondered curiously.