The Maze

I never knew about the maze until about two months ago.  Believe me, it was the most traumatizing thing that could ever happen to you.

Chapter 1

            It all happened when I made the mistake of stepping into a pure black cab with only the words TAXI.  Not even a phone number or a brand name.  When I closed the door behind me, something felt wrong.  Suddenly, the doors locked themselves. 

            "Hey!" I screamed, "Why did you lock the door?"  No one answered, and the cab started moving.  "Hey." I tapped the guy's shoulder, but it didn't feel soft like human skin. It felt like hard plastic.  I grabbed on to his shoulder to ask him what was up. When I saw him, I gasped and let my hand go in horror.  The "driver" wasn't human, it was a crash dummy with a wig and cab uniform on. 

            I should have noticed the cab was driving itself, avoiding traffic and stopping at red lights, but I was too busy panicking.  I tried finding a lock switch, but none where found.  I pushed and pulled with all my might, but it wouldn't budge.  I eventually tried slamming myself against the door, but all it gave me was a concussion and a fractured shoulder.  I finally submitted to breaking the window.  I threw my wallet, my shoe, the dummy's shoe, the dummy's head, my phone, which wasn't my brightest idea.  Instead of breaking the glass, I broke my phone.  I. am. toast.  Suddenly, I was submerged into darkness as the taxi drove into a deserted parking lot.  It drove all the way up to the lot just below the very top.  The door opened, and I ran out.  Suddenly, the gates fell all around my ways of escaping.  I was trapped.  I was too distracted to hear the footsteps coming towards me.  Suddenly, two men in black suits grabbed both of my arms from behind.  I fell to my legs wildly, trying to make them let go of me.  I actually head butted one of them and kicked the other one in the shin, but neither of them budged.  If anything, their grip tightened. 

            I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Let me go! What are you doing with me?!"  Suddenly, I was bound, gagged, and blindfolded.  I assumed I wasn't going to be killed because I would have been shot as soon as I came out of the car, but I wasn't sure.  I tried to resist as they pulled me, but I couldn't break free.  We walked for around ten minutes until one of them spoke, "Welcome to where you are going to be staying." They took off my blindfold. In front of me, there was a big metal door with ten locks.  They opened the door and shoved me in.  Inside the room, it was like a grey box with chairs back to back in the middle.  They pushed me into one of the chairs and tied my arms around it.  They removed my gag and I started yelling again.

            "Let me go!" They just laughed and walked out of the room.  I screamed my head off, but it was no use.  We were probably way underground from the parking lot.  Eventually, I dosed off to be awaken by the sound of screaming and the door opening and closing.  I looked up to see a boy with short, blonde, curly hair and green eyes.  As they sat him into the chair on my right, he is still screaming.  After the goons left and locked the door, the boy was screaming for about two minutes before noticing me.

            "Who are you?" He asked.

            Chase Dziak." I craned my neck to see him, which made me have a huge headache from the concussion.

            "That name sounds familiar. Where have I heard it before?"

            "Maybe on the cover of 'Time' Magazine?"

            "Oh, now I remember.  You're the son of that famous hotel manager!"

            "CEO."  I muttered, "So what's your name?"

            "Treavor Brookes." He said.

            "Hey, aren't you the son of that movie star, Julia Brookes?"

            "Don't mention it." He said coldly.

             "So...how did you end up here?" I asked trying to change the subject.

            "I live in Florida with my dad, but I wanted to go to California to see my mom.  Instead, it took me hear to New York.  And those two guys you just saw took me here."

            "What about the other people?"

            "What do you mean 'other people' I was using my mom's private jet.  How those goons got a hold of it? I don't know.  How did you get here?" 

            "I got in a fake black taxi, was driven by a dummy, broke my phone, now I'm here."  He stared at me.  "That's one way of putting it." He turned away.  Since there was no clock to know what time it was, I decided to go to sleep.

A/N: This is a new book me and my cousin are writing. I see her in a few weeks cause she lives in New york. So until then, this is what we have so far. Thanks!! Please fan and vote please!!! ~Maddie