Chapter 1:A New Beggining

Chapter 1: A New Beggining

"Hmmm..." An uninterested voice murmured from beyond the trees. As soon as she had spoke I knew that it was the dark cloaks. I would had run if I could move.

"Jane." The redhead greeted the so called 'Jane' in a cold voice. There were five of them. The darkest cloak almost black was in the front. I could see Jane's fece under the shadows of the dark hood. She looked at me in the eye. Her eyes were dark. Though they were still red.

"I don't understand." She said in a voice that was slightly annoyed.

"She surrendered." The redhead said in a less then friendly voice, clearing up the confusion.

"Surrendered?" Jane snapped. Two of the cloaked figuers shared a glance. The yellow-eyes had said that they had never seen anyone surrender before. Maybe the dark cloaks hadn't either.

"Carlisle gave her the option." He shrugged, passing it off. He seemed to be the spokespeson or the leader of the group even though I had sworn that Carlisle was.

"There are no options for those who break the rules." Jane replied, her voice unemotional again. This time Carlisle answered Jane.

"That's in your hands. As long as she was willing to halt her attack on us, I saw no need to destroy her. She was never taught." Altough his words could mean a couple of things, I almost thought that he was pleading for me. But my fate was not in his hands. I wish that it was.

"That is irrevelent." Jane confirmed.

"As you wish." Carlisle replied. Jane stared at him. Partly confused, partly frustrated. Then her face was blank again.

"Aro had hoped that we would get far enough north to see you, Carlisle. He sends his regards." She said.

"I would appretiate that you would convey mine to him." He answered. Jane smiled.

"Of, course." She was still barely holding the smile when she turned to me.

"It appears that you have done our work for us today... for the most part. Just ou of proffesional curiosity, hoe many were there? They laft quite a wake of destruction in Seatle."

She was talking about work and proffesions. So then it must be her job to punish. Then if there were punishers, there must be rules. Carlisle had said 'We follow thier rules. There is no law about creating vampires if you control them. Riley and my creator had been afraid, but not surprised when the dark cloaks ha shown up. They must had known about the laws and that they were breaking them. They hadn't told us. Why? There were more of these Volturi then just these five. There must be many for these yellow eyes to fear them so much. Carlisle responded to Jane's question.

"Eighteen, including this one." The dark cloaks behind Jane murmered among themselves.

"Eighteen?" Jane sounded surprised, or was she faking it?

"All brand new, they were unskilled." Carlisle replied. Unskilled and uinformed thanks to Riley.

"All?" Jane snapped. "Then who was thier creator." As if they hadn't met. Jane was ane even bigger liar than Riley, and she was much better at it, too.

"Her name was Victoria." The redhead said.

How did he know that when I had no clue who she was? Riley had told us that there was a mind reader in the group or was that a lie, too?

"Was?" Jane asked. The redhead jerked his head toward the east I looked up and saw a cloud of dark smoke.

Was. I felt immense pleasure.